Thread: Ps2 "unable to load config file" issue + more

Thanks

Default Ps2 "unable to load config file" issue + more

Hey guys!

So i'm wondering of one thing

I've bought a pre-softmodded ps2, it contained a empty USB which probbaly was used to instealled MCboot into the memory card

However, the usb is empty, and i belive the memory card has the mcboot installed, since i've been able to enter the mod menu and stuff before

but ever since a copuple of days ago it stopped working

I've had to enter rge Matrix v3.1n USBRDV edition trough circle and X on my controller, and deativating "mass" into auto, to boot from normal

Since everytime it boots from mass, it gives "loading boot menu v1.00......unable to load config file

So thats basicly my issue, and therefore i want to know if i should install mcboot again, is the mcboot alrdy installed into my system, since i can attempt to open mcboot without having either my USB or my memory card connected to my PS2

Also what should i Do?

My ps2 refuses to read DvD's aswell, only CD's so installing mcboot via dvd is impossible.

Should i Buy a pre-installed mcboot memory card, and launch mcboot v 1.953 via the memory card? is that possible? or Will i be given an opertunity to launch/download/install Loader/Game iso's to my external HDD trough freemcboot on a new Bought freemcboot memory card, that i buy? or do i need to launch the mcboot via an installation disc? What are my options in my situation? ;S

Kind regards Spidpex

bump ;S
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 16th-December-2017 at 12:26. Reason: no bumps allowed.