Thread: Corrupted iso file please help

Thanks

Default Corrupted iso file please help

Hey there im new to this whole emulation thing and am trying to get the game cube game "pikmin" on the dolphin emulator. I can download the file fine but when I go to extract the file I am told it is unable to mount because the file is corrupted. I have tried two different programs to unzip the file including 7zip. Help me out please.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You may need to re-download the files. If it is a multi-part download then all but the last one should be the exact same size. You would then click on the first numbered part to extract, or if they are .rar, .r01... you would use the .rar to extract. But depending on the file types you may need a different program to combine them, so please post the file types here so somebody can advise.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

I dont know how to post them here, so I would need an explanation on how that is done. Also the file is a single (USA).7z

Thanks
    EP Points

Make sure what you have matches the file size from where you downloaded (if not then it's an incomplete download and won't extract) - if downloaded from here can you post the link and one of us can also have a look. All the files *should* be fine but very rarely you come across one that is corrupted.

Thanks

Here is the file from emuparadise https://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_...s/Pikmin/66280

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkang View Post
    I'll have a look. May be a bit - My internet is garbage. In the meantime I would try downloading it again. Did you check your downloaded file size btw? Should be about 1.3gb.

I'll edit this post whenever it's done

Thanks

Thanks for the help, the file is 6k less kb than the full 1.3gb. Also have redownloded it already and that did not fix it. Im heading out now so I wont be back for a few hours.

Thanks
    EP Points

Welp extracted just fine for me with the latest 7zip. If you get a " extra data at the end of the payload" thing just ignore it.

Loaded the iso in Dolphin and ran around for a couple of minutes (Like how the little guys ship is named Dolphin ) Game ran at full speed and everything is ok. extracted size 1,425,760 and zipped is 1,294,701.

I noticed you mentioned something about mounting in your first post- don't mount the image just load the iso in Dolphin directly.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 12th-December-2017 at 02:33.

Thanks

Sorry to put you through all that trouble, new to emulating. Mind If I hit you up when I run intro trouble again? You seem really knowledgeable about this. And thanks for the help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkang View Post
    Sorry to put you through all that trouble, new to emulating. Mind If I hit you up when I run intro trouble again? You seem really knowledgeable about this. And thanks for the help.
    Not so much knowledgeable as just practiced in some small areas of it

I assume it's working then now?

As for future problems just make a thread and I'll see it - If I can't answer it there's a couple other guys who really know there stuff who will.