Good day to all.

I'm not yet very experienced with MPLAB-X and don't know how to deal with the problem that I am currently having.

I'm developing with a project that uses the PIC16F1782(datasheet: http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf...fML_753218.pdf). I'm debugging with Real ICE which is connected to the appropriate emulation header - AC244064. This has a PIC16F1789-me chip on board.

My code is written in assembler and I am using absolute mode - the appropriate check box is ticked on the project properties page.

I see two problems - hopefully related.

The first problem is that although the header appears to program correctly, the code never gets past the ColdBoot location in program memory. Upon halting the emulator, I get the following message: "An Error occurred while running. Failed to read emulation memory." (on two lines)

The other thing that I noticed is that in the Dashboard panel on the left side of the screen, Program Memory is shown as 641 words used (out of 2048 words). However, Data memory is shown as 0 bytes used (out of 256 bytes).

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Most likely an error on my part - I'm hoping that someone can give me guidance.

Additional information:

The last time I used MPLABX was while the computer was running WIndows 7. MPLABX version was 3.15.

The computer was upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago, just before the Microsoft free upgrade to Win 10 period expired.

I have just now downloaded and installed the most recent version of MPLABX - v3.50.

Same problem.

However, I have just noticed another anomaly: I'm getting errors during the assembly process:

Download Links:
Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. This happens at the two lines where my config statements live as well as the very end of the code: just above the line that contains "END".

Also this is from the list file generated by the assembler. I've included all of the locations where the truncated word message appears.

Download Links:
Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. And:

Download Links:
Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Hope this will help.Much thanks in advanced!