Page 53 of 267 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biannual-Out: Beware of Bill Aims! :O

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Not trying to be a dick about the idea, just looking at the pros and cons.

It's a used console without a warranty, sure you get 2 games but you should be able to get either or both soon enough for a reasonable price. I'm just ignoring the fact there's another controller there, if it was a top quality 3rd party one (like a Scuf, Nancon or even a cheap Hori) he'd mention that.

For the same money you can get a brand new 1TB console plus a game that probably won't get heavily discounted for a while...and a proper warranty. Also the controller hasn't been used at all.

Edit:
    Problem with the cheap 3rd party controllers is that certain functions just aren't there. My Hori is wired and doesn't have vibration or any motion sensors...the former doesn't bother me at all and the later, well, I can live without it for the most part. Played through TLoU using the flashlight sparingly.
    But the really dirt cheap controllers can be far far worse, like the touch pad won't work at all and there are even some that stop working completely on more recent firmwares.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 24th-December-2017 at 02:14.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah the only thing that really concerns me is that the console is somehow fucked and sure I could test it for what like 5 minutes at most when buying but that doesn't mean it won't konk out after an hour or whatever. I'm leery of any current gen on Craigslist/Kijiji

Games are good though. And paying 300 is better than 300 retail when you add tax and then that stupid electronics surcharge thing we have here. I do want a receipt and warranty of course. Also if I go retail I most likely won't have a damn thing left over for anything else. I would get the battlefront 2 one and probably trade it in if it's not a digital code.

They have had great sales going on and off the past couple of weeks for games. 9.99 to 19.99 bucks for big franchise titles like Fallout 4, FFXV, Doom, RE7 etc brand new.

Or I could wait another year. Or build a new comp

Or drink my ass off every day for a month

Either way I have to wait a few more days to see what I have to play with $$$

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh and I suppose I would have to buy a year of PSN

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Oh and I suppose I would have to buy a year of PSN
    Only if you want to play online dude, there hasn't been a flood of solid games like there was ages ago for PS3.
    I'm going to let my subscription lapse soon.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Can one access any of their old PS3 stuff at all on a PS4 psn wise?

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh I like my post count

Thanks
    EP Points

Can one access any of their old PS3 stuff at all on a PS4 psn wise?
    To play? lol no.
    You need a PS3 for that. You can't even play PS3 retail discs...or PS2 or PSX.

If you want all the old stuff get a pre 25xx slim or any fat PS3, throw on CFW and use whatever hard drives you have. No need to buy games.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Xbox One is the only console with any BC (in the traditional sense) worth talking about. The others just port/remaster stuff and you have to buy it again...obviously not everything is available or supported regardless of what choice you make anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Just got PS2 CD bin/cue working on PS3.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Just got PS2 CD bin/cue working on PS3.
    no more converting to iso then?
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    no more converting to iso then?
    Yeah no need to convert PS2 CD to DVD. I'll probably get rid of the couple of DVD conversions I have there and replace them with bin/cue.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Yeah no need to convert PS2 CD to DVD. I'll probably get rid of the couple of DVD conversions I have there and replace them with bin/cue.
    that's nice. I always hated converting cd to dvd when I was using open loader for ps2.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah the only thing that really concerns me is that the console is somehow fucked and sure I could test it for what like 5 minutes at most when buying but that doesn't mean it won't konk out after an hour or whatever. I'm leery of any current gen on Craigslist/Kijiji

Games are good though. And paying 300 is better than 300 retail when you add tax and then that stupid electronics surcharge thing we have here. I do want a receipt and warranty of course. Also if I go retail I most likely won't have a damn thing left over for anything else. I would get the battlefront 2 one and probably trade it in if it's not a digital code.

They have had great sales going on and off the past couple of weeks for games. 9.99 to 19.99 bucks for big franchise titles like Fallout 4, FFXV, Doom, RE7 etc brand new.

If you don't care about exclusives computer equals free and better .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd offer less for the used one if it's still available when you have the funds.