Page 186 of 267 FirstFirst ... 86136176181182183184185186187188189190191196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4005

Thread: The Biannual-Out: Beware of Bill Aims! :O

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Melee damage, even with lightsaber, is STR based. You can use the Speed power for more attacks and the other one to augment your STR,DEX,&CON. But trying to use powers once combat starts negates your force leap attack so that is something you want to do before fights when you can. You should also get feats like Weapon Specialization to add damage, and I prefer Flurry for the extra attack. Power attack gives more damage at the cost of only one attack with penalty to hit, and the other one gives you one attack with a high crit multiplier if you crit. You can also consider adding as many damage types as you can to your lightsaber, making it harder to resist all of the damage and usually more of your damage will bypass shields since a lot of shields only protect against some damage types and all protect against Energy, meaning if you stack a ton of energy damage on your lightsaber then shields nerf your damage.

But a lot of guides I read said go all DEX to reflect blasters back at them and have great AC, while not missing and getting more crits. Since I'm pretty sure Lightsabers can use DEX by default in the first one.

Guardian is feats/melee, sentinel is skills, consular is force powers. So if you want to try Consular take WIS/CHA, use the high tier Stun powers that Slow if they make their saving throw, Scream to debuff further, and spam lightning for damage. CHA makes the other side force powers less costly, WIS gives more force points, and both make your powers harder to resist.
    I was going for a ranged stealth build on a scoundrel I went high on dex and can't remember what else lower str and wis(stupidly) not knowing that you become a jedi I thought the game was going to somewhat neglect the jedi aspect in favor of you and party vs random sith/empire/bounty hunters
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Boy that (now) former office German girl can pound back the beers

Everyone else cancelled (almost, one of the maintenance guys got her a couple beers a few hours beforehand) so it was just me and her

Yeah make your jokes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Boy that (now) former office German girl can pound back the beers

Everyone else cancelled (almost, one of the maintenance guys got her a couple beers a few hours beforehand) so it was just me and her

Yeah make your jokes.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm seeing a lot of comments about Justice League being just as bad as BvS, some are even saying it's worse
    I'll wait a little longer then check it out myself.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of comments about Justice League being just as bad as BvS, some are even saying it's worse
    It's not great but at least it doesn't have as many plot holes as BvS had

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm tired of winter
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    EP Points

slow day. waiting for a game to finish downloading still have about an 1hr 30min

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Nothing special, but not as bad as BvS.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    slow day. waiting for a game to finish downloading still have about an 1hr 30min
    that was a waste of time couldn't even get the installer to launch
    would go back to KOTOR but I'm stuck and it's making me mad.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    that was a waste of time couldn't even get the installer to launch
    would go back to KOTOR but I'm stuck and it's making me mad.
    What game and what kinda problem with the installer? chances are there's a fix or workaround for it somewhere.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    What game and what kinda problem with the installer? chances are there's a fix or workaround for it somewhere.
    far cry the problem was when double clicking on the mounted image I'd get application not found I've encountered this problem with quite a few games lately.
    I deleted the image file I really don't feel like spending another 2hrs waiting just to find out if the game will even run or run well enough to play without problems.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Melee damage, even with lightsaber, is STR based. You can use the Speed power for more attacks and the other one to augment your STR,DEX,&CON. But trying to use powers once combat starts negates your force leap attack so that is something you want to do before fights when you can. You should also get feats like Weapon Specialization to add damage, and I prefer Flurry for the extra attack. Power attack gives more damage at the cost of only one attack with penalty to hit, and the other one gives you one attack with a high crit multiplier if you crit. You can also consider adding as many damage types as you can to your lightsaber, making it harder to resist all of the damage and usually more of your damage will bypass shields since a lot of shields only protect against some damage types and all protect against Energy, meaning if you stack a ton of energy damage on your lightsaber then shields nerf your damage.

But a lot of guides I read said go all DEX to reflect blasters back at them and have great AC, while not missing and getting more crits. Since I'm pretty sure Lightsabers can use DEX by default in the first one.

Guardian is feats/melee, sentinel is skills, consular is force powers. So if you want to try Consular take WIS/CHA, use the high tier Stun powers that Slow if they make their saving throw, Scream to debuff further, and spam lightning for damage. CHA makes the other side force powers less costly, WIS gives more force points, and both make your powers harder to resist.
    I was shocked by how utterly broken the KOTOR systems were when I played. I had to restart after doing Taris because I realized too late my build would be basically worthless for the rest of the game and the game doesn't explain what the stats actually do that well.

I'm glad KOTOR 2 introduces that perk that lets you use melee or weapon and have hit chance and power decided by dexterity instead of strength. I don't like tank or bruiser builds, they're too boring.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Nothing special, but not as bad as BvS.
    That seems to be the agreement.

BvS is worse because it was trying to do more and fail spectacularly.

Justice League was originally going to be more of that, and then Snyder had a family crisis and left the project, and then strong woman foot lover and wife cheater Joss Whedon had to basically finish half of the shoots and basically changed what the movie was actually about (backing away from the forth world implications, jokes, Superman not being a miserable sad sack stand in for toxic Randian ideology that basically argued against everything Superman actually was, ect).

On top of this, WB got cold feet and tried to pull another Suicide Squad with ridiculous cuts and a slob job edit that left vitally important scenes and character arcs on the cutting room floor - or in some cases, never let them get shot because of a shift in focus for Whedon's changes.

The end result was a movie made by two directors with radically different world views, then further tweaked by cowardly suits unable to can the project outright and begin again (thus the weird color corrections and filters you may notice if you compare it to the much darker and contrast heavy BvS). That doesn't even take into account Snyder's stylish film techniques suddenly being next to Joss' TV style efficient but basic framing.

It's a mess, basically, but also one that had whatever purpose or point it originally had now missing.

TL;DR: It sucked but in a more boring way

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah I think the people saying League is worse than BvS base their argument on the movie being made by two different people and ending up being a complete mess.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I think the people saying League is worse than BvS base their argument on the movie being made by two different people and ending up being a complete mess.
    That should be a perfectly valid view, but man oh man BvS was a disaster just from the original plan alone. Monster X Hot White Girl With Pretty Feet fetishist Joss Whedon basically changing half of the film to something else was ultimately an improvement, but it destroyed any whole the film could have had. There's more tone whiplash in there than four seasons of Code Geass, an anime about terrorism that portrays genocide with entire episodes about high school shenanigans and crossdressing.