Page 119 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 4005

Thread: The Biannual-Out: Beware of Bill Aims! :O

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    that's cool. that reminds me of the RE 4 chainsaw controller for GC.
    I actually have one of those chainsaw controllers, using it as an actual controller is impossible.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Play the first Deadspace and throw the others in the trash.

Definitely play the Yakuza games. Some people don't like 3 as much but I think it's just fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Play the first Deadspace and throw the others in the trash.
    I thought the second game was okay as well, you can definitely see that EA focus testing start to drip into it though.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Be sure to play the PS3 version of the Witcher like DL suggested.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    I thought the second game was okay as well, you can definitely see that EA focus testing start to drip into it though.
    Wouldn't want to miss out on those epic vent crawling sequences . The second is playable though. I haven't tried DS3, it looks like some weird mishmash of DS and Lost Planet.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    Wouldn't want to miss out on those epic vent crawling sequences . The second is playable though. I haven't tried DS3, it looks like some weird mishmash of DS and Lost Planet.
    Yeah I didn't bother picking it up, seems like the entire tone of the game is different too. IIRC I heard that the microtransactions were both bad and aggressive. Not exactly a recipe for success.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm glad I never wasted time downloading it if that's the case.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    I'm glad I never wasted time downloading it if that's the case.
    Any game is better if it's free.

Hurry up and play W3 so I can have someone to talk about it with, damn it.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Yeah I didn't bother picking it up, seems like the entire tone of the game is different too. IIRC I heard that the microtransactions were both bad and aggressive. Not exactly a recipe for success.
    dead space 3 is a terrrriibble mess XD It has no survival horror elements (barely has horror elements tbh), all the really scary enemies were turned into parker wareing zombies and the microtransaction system was actually busted/still is busted. ALL the expencive items can be respawned by just going out of the area and back in XD. Also, lets cut ALL this short and say dead space should have NEVER existed but because EA couldn't get the rights to system shock, it was made instead. Tau Ceti became Tau Volantis, soldier became engineer, they cut shodan out of course because having a rogue A.I. would have been FAR To close to the plot, then we add in the military/the company SECRETLY knowing the "marker" was on the planet (much like how triop know the grove crash landed on tau ceti), You have a cult brewing of the church of unity, very much like the cult of people growing upon the van braun of "collective think" (but i will say the actual church is simply ripped from a generic cult that appears in MANY cyber punk stories, even burn cycle had a church of unity), a civil war brewing onboard the ship...there is NOTHING original in the dead space series :/, its a game for teenagers to slober over and talk about how its so deep and meaningfull, just because they used 2001 a space odyssey as a basis for the marker, none of the other messages in the film naaah just "OH WOW THEY BASED IT OFF THE MONOLITH THATS LIKE SO DEEP AND HIPSTAR!", don't believe me on that? I hate the game and even i know the lore XD and "the fans" barely know how the marker came to be, "alien artifact on earth that we destroyed, then thought twice, then rebuilt it EXACTLY how it was from pictures because we're that damn good! then it went wrong so we buried it on a planet and told no one except your company that SOMEHOW found out about it from the cult because the cult has woooo lots of rich people in it that were NEVER part of the original project and most of if not ALL the scientists are dead but they had the info onit! ...because script says so!"
    Last edited by Crash-Headroom; 19th-January-2018 at 17:28.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    They're good games but I always found the third person view a little annoying myself.
    It's obviously like that to increase tension as you can't see everything.

If you want survival sci-fi I would try Alien Isolation. It's first person and leans heavily towards stealth and also collecting components for crafting items to assist survival.

Dead Space is good though.
    Isn't Dead Space series notorious for having really high requirements on PC?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    yes because its a console port done badly, it needs twice the power to run...oh and dont try upping it to 60fps either because they've tied the physics AN menu in withit. Also, can't zoom the camera out either because its tied to his fucking movement! the minute you do it makes stamping on their bodies harder...the game is a rushed mess, all 3 of them :/ I just thought they couldn't even keep the story strait on what the marker is and what it actually does XD one minute its an obalisk to "evolve us" (just like 2001), then no, it doesn't do that anymore because oop we cloned it and didn't do it properly and then they contradicted BOTH by saying it was ALWAYS bad and all setup just to make a giant evil organic super planet necromorph......does anyone think this is good writing or a bunch of idiots shoving in plot points as and when they think about it?
    Last edited by Crash-Headroom; 19th-January-2018 at 17:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    First one is really low. Pentium 4 or better. 256mb video. 2gb ram.

Anyone should be able to run it. Dunno about the sequels.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    First one is really low. Pentium 4 or better. 256mb video. 2gb ram.

Anyone should be able to run it. Dunno about the sequels.
    No wsy man, that thing would not work on my failtality card properly (had to run it in medium), it defo needed more specs than is stated. Also wouldnt run properly on my friend's p4 so he used to use my PC to play it, that could have just been his pc and the way he treated it but even still, didnt like to run fast on it. IMO its only when i bought my I5 that i finally sat down and was able to play it properly a couple of years back and i cannot see the appeal I always put it down to "its the blood and gore" at which point i just switch off if thats all people are using to sell the game (or like #2 where EVERYONE i talked to gave me the same conversation "oh its so amazing and pushes so many boundries, did you see the kid locked in the washing machine? did you find the kid in the washing machine? oh i was SOOO unnerved when i found the kid in the washing machine, kid in washing machine kid in washing machine" ARGH!! screamed and said is this the only thing that made you actually FEEL SOMETHING!?...You have utterly FAILED to make a horror game when the horror aspect is ignoed and instead, you rely on empathetic moments of being unnerved, thats not horror (same for the baby explosion scene...infact i'd have thought more people what have been empathetic to that but nope! People actually laughed then moved on...its barely remembered)...rant over XD
    Last edited by Crash-Headroom; 19th-January-2018 at 17:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Those were minimum. I can run it full tilt on my little Core2Duo.