Thread: PS3Xploit - webkit exploit for 4.82 OFW (not all models supported yet).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Default PS3Xploit - webkit exploit for 4.82 OFW (not all models supported yet).

Install CFW without hardware flasher
    All fat models supported and some early slims. Super slim not supported atm.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ended up on Rebug 4.81.2 CFW but it is Custom Firmware

Not done anything else yet

So any setup recommendations for this

You know if this CFW can be updated to 4.8.2? if so what CFW is recommended

Anything recommended after modding also? e.g. emulation or PSX/PS2 engine stuff
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-December-2017 at 10:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

PS2 ISO can be mounted and played from internal HDD (PSP is the same I believe but I haven't got any of those yet).
    PS3 JB rips and ISO mounted and played from external HDD, PSX bin/cue mount and load from external HDD.
    The external HDD I'm currently using is NTFS so no need for split files.

Rebug is what most people recommend now from what I can tell, but there are other options like ferrox.

Yeah I have Rebug Rex 4.81.2 I'm not aware of a more recent version, but I haven't checked for several days.
    You can update cobra payload and update webman to more recent revisions.
    I've also got multiman and irisman installed.

With everything I have installed now you don't need any extra stuff for PSX/PSP/PS2 emulation regardless of what version consoles you have (all consoles have modded PS2 emu).
    If you have a console that doesn't have full hardware PS2 emu then you could look at managunz, which can use modded config files and PCSX2 pnach files...I haven't needed to (for the PS2 games I've tested so far) but from what I've read it seems like a bit of messing around anyway trying to improve game compatibility.

There's also some covers packs out there you can install.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 11th-December-2017 at 10:24.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Will have to wait a short while but will possibly buy a large external HDD just for this

for now I will hold off updating the firmware (though a little temped to go back to retail for a short while) anyway going to FTP via Rebug Toolbox and see what I can do using the internal HDD

pnach files could be interesting for Widescreen codes there are a number of PS2 widescreen codes out there and a start for PSX codes also

I don't know how much messing I will do yet though as I don't seem to have a lot of time for this kinda stuff

My Vita SD things came they seem to fit very well for both my Original Vita and PSTV, so may be ok with your case (they are still a minute bit bigger though than the original cards and not rounded at the top), they are model (3) ones I got though so they have the nice shell on them rather than a bare looking board that the previous models had (though I payed OTT for them apx £10 each)

Edit I am using a slim PS3 by the way (just old enough) I was late getting a PS3 but had the 360 to keep me going
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-December-2017 at 16:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a PS3 (SS) running 4.82 OFW anyway, this fat that I modded is a spare to be used completely offline.

Might end up doing some tests to see what the largest internal HDD partition I can use, by using a desktop (1.5 or 2TB) sata HDD setup with a dedicated power supply for it, and a sata extension cable (I already have everything I need just haven't done any testing yet).

I've got plenty of external drives but I've only been playing around with a 1TB atm (powered).

From what I've read about the SD2Vita cards yeah they are a tad larger than proper cards and don't allow slim slot cover to close completely. I'm not sure why there would be a difference between original and slim card slots but that's just what I've read anyway. I don't have PS TV, with this modded PS3 now there isn't much incentive to do anything on the Vita side...I think there might be one retail game I don't have (Silent Hill) but I want the physical AU/EU release.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Just a little bump with some extra info.

I had a quick look regarding your question about 4.82 CFW...
    There are Ferrox and Overflow 4.82 CFWs, and there's now a Rebug Lite Cex 4.82.1 CFW.

As all of these CFWs are very new not all homebrew stuff is updated and compatible, in fact some things that have been updated are simply test versions that could be buggy (I think latest managunz is like that for 4.82 CFW atm).

Best to stay on what you have now atm (Rebug 4.81.2) as you have more freedom of choice.

Spoiler warning: