Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so...how is everyone around this part of the internet enjoying the beating EA has been getting...

Thanks
    EP Points

Default so...how is everyone around this part of the internet enjoying the beating EA has been getting...

lately?

cause i've been loving every minute of it. and just now, i was checking my youtube notifications and it looks like EA has now taken a good sized hit to the wallet as a result of this Star Wars Battlefront II disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ztiJ6Zcck

a $3.1 billion drop in stock value hit that is.

and it's all thanks to their own greed and microtransactions finally blowing up in one hell of a shitstorm. such a big storm that loot boxes are actually getting international attention now. with some countries now considering them to be the same as regular gambling.

Thanks

Talking It's GLORIOUS.

Hopefully, it destroys every system of lootboxes and other RNG "crate" systems with it. Even Overwatch's system, where it's strictly cosmetics, should be done away with.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by openroadracer View Post
    Hopefully, it destroys every system of lootboxes and other RNG "crate" systems with it. Even Overwatch's system, where it's strictly cosmetics, should be done away with.
    yeah, that'd certainly be great...however unlikely it may wind up being. would be nice if we could go back to paying $60 or so per game instead of $60 or so for most of the game then extra for the bits the devs chose to leave out (DLC) and then yet more for the microtransactions and gambling.

though, to be fair, some DLC (not all that much) does wind up being pretty big chunks of content like you;d see with expansion packs in older games. but even that doesn't happen very often at all nowadays. :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Personally, I love watching it. EA has always been scummy, but this is a new low, even for them. And I know some people who buy the standard Battlefield, CoD, and Assassin's Creed every year that aren't getting Battlefront II. When even the people who buy these games aren't buying your games, you know you've messed up.

Thanks
    EP Points

EA: sorry, cosmetic only microtransactions would be breaking canon in battlefront II.

everyone else: oh, really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klO_5L-vNSM

EA did it a SECOND time! and worse too... EA Sports UFC3...

https://www.astutegaming.com/single-...SPORTSUFC3BETA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4o4edIblLA
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-December-2017 at 20:07. Reason: no double posting...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    I'm so angry about this

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pringr0 View Post
    Personally, I love watching it. EA has always been scummy, but this is a new low, even for them. And I know some people who buy the standard Battlefield, CoD, and Assassin's Creed every year that aren't getting Battlefront II. When even the people who buy these games aren't buying your games, you know you've messed up.
    That's not strictly true...In the days when EA were publishing stuff like Desert Strike, Beast and Bumpkins and things like that they wern't to bad. The problem is they realised idiots will buy anything, its horrific it's taken this long for people to say no. Star Wars is what did it huh? I honestly thought the middle finger that was ME3 would have done it but nope, it took "muh sta woz!" being messed with

Also, I swear at one point EA was called EGA (electronic game arts), I can't find anything on their wikipedia page but i have atleast 1 game from the late 80s with tht name, plus if you look at their logo

It looks like it was EGA :/.....again though not finding anything onit (perhaps a mandela moment XD).

Thanks
    EP Points

I find it funny that the tipping point was star wars even though this kinda thing has been going on for a while now. I also recommend watching south park season 18 episode 6 "freemium isn't free".
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I find it funny that the tipping point was star wars even though this kinda thing has been going on for a while now. I also recommend watching south park season 18 episode 6 "freemium isn't free".
    Agreed, that episode is amazing I love the whole angle with satan too XD "I've told him about this crap before, its got to be nuianced!"

Thanks
    EP Points

something else i came across yesterday that's relevant to this. well, relevant to EA and their loot boxes anyway.

The Untold History of EA's Long (and Rich) Pay-2-Win Love Affair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLFNlu2N_M

11. The Following User Says Thank You to treos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

something else i came across yesterday that's relevant to this. well, relevant to EA and their loot boxes anyway.

The Untold History of EA's Long (and Rich) Pay-2-Win Love Affair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLFNlu2N_M
    So.....we have EA and football to thank for the shitty situation that is microtransactions? Thats another reason to make sure both things are banned.

:edit: love this way of thinking..."If you spend 60 dorra (pounds) on the game then 20 dorra (pounds) a month on extra content, then we at EA concider you are getting a good deal!" We at Crash .Inc think your
    offices will make such pretty colours when the fireworks start.
    Last edited by Crash-Headroom; 2nd-December-2017 at 17:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Crash-Headroom View Post
    So.....we have EA and football to thank for the shitty situation that is microtransactions? Thats another reason to make sure both things are banned.
    you mean soccer.

kinda confusing how the guy talking in that video uses soccer and football interchangeably when they're 2 different sports.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

you mean soccer.

kinda confusing how the guy talking in that video uses soccer and football interchangeably when they're 2 different sports.
    There's football... and american football. Soccer doesn't exist for the rest of the World

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    There's football... and american football. Soccer doesn't exist for the rest of the World
    Exactly this, Hand Egg-Bag is completely different to Football XD

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Australian rules and International rules football. There's also rugby too but I'm not sure if people call that football, in my state it isn't that popular anyway...if people are talking about footy in this state it's AFL (Aussie rules). In the last couple of decades a lot more people are calling soccer "football" again but it's still called soccer mostly to distinguish it from the more popular sport (AFL).

Afaik it wasn't the yanks that started calling football "soccer" anyway.

Spoiler warning: