Thread: running my downloaded game

Thanks

Default running my downloaded game

how do i run a game from a zip file?

Thanks
    EP Points

Some emulators can run zip files. Since you've given virtually no information I have no idea even what game or system. You can always unzip though, use the latest version of 7zip.

I better not be responding to a bot again

Thanks

No I'm not a bot although sometimes I wish I was one lol. I downloaded mortal kombat 3 on my pc , im using windows 10, and it gave me a zip file, no game icon

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tshepisoselahle View Post
    No I'm not a bot although sometimes I wish I was one lol. I downloaded mortal kombat 3 on my pc , im using windows 10, and it gave me a zip file, no game icon
    Is it for a game system? or the actual pc version? I would unzip and see what kind of file(s) it is first off. If it's the pc version then you def have to extract to it's own folder and install the game - probably won't run on a 64 bit system though but depending which version you could use an emulator.

Edit: here's the download link for 7zip if you need it. 2nd one on the list is what you need http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
    Last edited by Zaladane; 25th-November-2017 at 21:36.

Thanks

It's the arcade version for pc, what do I do once I download that link I sent ?

Thanks
    EP Points

double click on it and install it for the 7zip. It'll only take a sec. Then right click the MK3 zip file and a little side menu will open click on 7zip (another little side menu will open) and then click extract to.. that will extract it to it's own folder and then you can see what files are there for it.

Thanks

howzit, i did all that and everything is still the same, i extracted the files and there's no change

Thanks
    EP Points

Can you post a screenshot of the files you have? Or better yet if you've downloaded it from here post the link and I can have a look myself.

Thanks

hi, please find attached screenshots, i don't know if i downloaded the wrong zip file perhaps, but as you can see, i downlaoded mortal kombat 3 from the site in the zipfile, just documents and VLC video files even after extracting .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mk3 screenshot1.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	54076

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok so you have the actual arcade cabinet version of the game not the pc version which was released for both dos and win95. So you need an emulator to play it.

Grab the one at the very bottom https://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._...tors/Windows/7

extract the emulator. Put the umk3 folder in the roms folder of mame. Run mame - on the left click available and it will show it in the list click and play. You can configure buttons by pressing the tab button on the keyboard to bring up the emulator options for the game after it starts.

I just did it myself and it works, haven't messed around with mame emulation for over a decade though so that's about as far as I can get ya.

Thanks

yeah, im a bit old school like that, i'm a die hard gamer, i like the new games but i still have love for old games aswell, please see attached, i checked under my downloads and there is only an icon for mame and not a folder, the only folder i have is for "roms", i moved the mk3 folder into the icon but when i run mame it doesnt show me any games under availableClick image for larger version. 

Name:	mk3 3.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	54092

Hi, I'm still battling , please ceck the last email that I sent with a screenshot, I've tried everything . Is there a other way I can download this game? I can't any game in the mame, they all require missing roms
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 28th-November-2017 at 19:37. Reason: posts merged, no double posting please