Thread: New To SNES/NES/GB/GC Emulation - Game Extraction

Thanks

Question New To SNES/NES/GB/GC Emulation - Game Extraction

4 separate emulators (after hours and hours and hours) #NEWBIE

GC has worked best oddly enough (for the one title I really want) and the others work OK but many of the roms are obviously quirky.

Some games extract fine some do not - I assume very common.

TWO QUESTIONS (at the moment lol):

1) Some files do not allow me to grab the zip and "Extract Here" and just open with all kinds of files and nothing that works. Maybe a Windows 10 thing??

2) Just downloaded NES Z:LTTP and there are 55 files after Extraction. I tried 3 or 4 and they seemed to work with different languages. Some are the same.
    For an Extraction like that do I just pick any one that has a language I like?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like you downloaded the GoodMerged roms, if you want the best one in that set for english here is the file name.

Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!].smc

I suggest you find the No-Intro rom sets for the best roms, GoodTools/GoodMerged sets are only good if you are lazy and want a hack/translated rom fast.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I suggest you find the No-Intro rom sets for the best roms, GoodTools/GoodMerged sets are only good if you are lazy and want a hack/translated rom fast.[/QUOTE]

Nothing in that sentence resonates with my current knowledge level on the topic. LOL.

My learning curve has been fast, just a few days, with hours of video/blog/downloads. A Million downloads while I gained some success. So I ask because I would like to learn as I go.

Thx.