Thread: If you watched it, what'd you think of Sony's Paris Games Week conference?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default If you watched it, what'd you think of Sony's Paris Games Week conference?

Title. I absolutely loved it. Favorite games shown were Concrete Genie, Shadow of the Colossus Remake, and Detroit: Become Human. The new trailer for The Last of Us Part II was also fantastic. I'd personally rate it a 9/10

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I did and I'm hyped. Loads of amazing single player games coming to PS4 in the coming months. Can't mention just one

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I did and I'm hyped. Loads of amazing single player games coming to PS4 in the coming months. Can't mention just one
    Man did that Detroit trailer get dark. I'm also really really excited for Ghost of Tsushima, since it's been revealed it will be an action stealth game, which gives me flashbacks to Tenchu, which I've wanted for a long time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pringr0 View Post
    Man did that Detroit trailer get dark. I'm also really really excited for Ghost of Tsushima, since it's been revealed it will be an action stealth game, which gives me flashbacks to Tenchu, which I've wanted for a long time.
    The Tenchu franchise was great and everything Sucker Punch does is quality stuff. Looking forward to it myself too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pringr0 View Post
    Man did that Detroit trailer get dark.
    For no reason. Eurogamer did an interview with Cage after the trailer released and to the surprise of nobody, David Cage is a whiny tool that wants everyone to praise him but can't hand the most mild of criticism (in this case the interviewer asking why he seemed interested in exploring theme of abuse, which started as an actual question and not a criticism until Cage decided this was an insult in the most pretentious way imaginable). There's a big increase of movie games these days, making David Cage obsolete, and thank god for that because the man is genuinely one of the dumbest fucks in the industry.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BOY View Post
    For no reason. Eurogamer did an interview with Cage after the trailer released and to the surprise of nobody, David Cage is a whiny tool that wants everyone to praise him but can't hand the most mild of criticism (in this case the interviewer asking why he seemed interested in exploring theme of abuse, which started as an actual question and not a criticism until Cage decided this was an insult in the most pretentious way imaginable). There's a big increase of movie games these days, making David Cage obsolete, and thank god for that because the man is genuinely one of the dumbest fucks in the industry.
    Couldn't care less about Cage as long as the game is good.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Couldn't care less about Cage as long as the game is good.
    I'd agree, except the genre Cage works it relies almost entirely on his input since he's the head writer and director. It's kind of hard to escape him, especially when you become aware of the same thoughtless, tone-deaf misogyny and racism popping up in all of his games. David Cage making a game very clearly about xenophobia and then saying it's not actually about anything because he's afraid to take responsibility for any creative decisions he makes pretty much kills all interest I had left in him.

Just wait until they release Until Dawn 2 and check around the indie FMV scene.

Other than that, nothing really caught my attention. Sucker Punch making a new IP would be exciting if it didn't look like a more boring, whitewashed Nioh. The Last of Us 2's trailer was just gross, plus doesn't really establish much about the game besides "HUMAN BAD" (which is the thesis of literally every zombie story ever made by this point). The most interesting stuff was all indie and will be on PC sooner than later. Concrete Genie looks neat.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BOY View Post
    I'd agree, except the genre Cage works it relies almost entirely on his input since he's the head writer and director. It's kind of hard to escape him, especially when you become aware of the same thoughtless, tone-deaf misogyny and racism popping up in all of his games. David Cage making a game very clearly about xenophobia and then saying it's not actually about anything because he's afraid to take responsibility for any creative decisions he makes pretty much kills all interest I had left in him.

Just wait until they release Until Dawn 2 and check around the indie FMV scene.

Other than that, nothing really caught my attention. Sucker Punch making a new IP would be exciting if it didn't look like a more boring, whitewashed Nioh. The Last of Us 2's trailer was just gross, plus doesn't really establish much about the game besides "HUMAN BAD" (which is the thesis of literally every zombie story ever made by this point). The most interesting stuff was all indie and will be on PC sooner than later. Concrete Genie looks neat.
    We get it, you don't like the guy and will negatively review anything he does even before it's out

Sucker Punch's new IP is going to be an open world with a stealth component game, actually, couldn't be more different to NiOh. As for TloU2, it's not what's about but how it's told what matters and why people are looking forward to it. Exactly the reasons why the first games was roundly acclaimed by pretty much everyone.