Thread: Getting a Gameboy Advance for birthday

Thanks

Question Getting a Gameboy Advance for birthday

Hello! I'm getting a Nintendo Gameboy Advance for my birthday. Any reccomended games?
    I'm getting James Bond 007 with it, not sure which title though. I just know it's a JB007 game.
    Thanks in advance!
    -Prolo
    The idea that you're so small compared to the rest of the omniverse is frightening, yet comforting...it depends on who you are. Some of us just wanna keep exploring, others just want out.
    This monologue is really deep.
    14 year old white girls go nuts for this kind of shit.
    -George Miller, Musician/Comedian

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, getting a GBA this many years later. Final Fantasy 1-2, 4, 5, & 6 are available for GBA; and I love Tactics Advance. Depending on what genre you're into, there's definitely games for you out there -like Pokemon RSE/FR/LG, Pokemon Pinball R/S, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. If you like Dragon Ball Z, there's the Legacy of Goku series & Supersonic Warriors. Heck, Advance Wars is an amazing classic. While there is some shovelware out there for GBA, I'd say that 90% of the library is pretty solid.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just buy a flash kit

Not cheap but still well worth it

Everdrive GBA or EZ Flash IV are the current ones and only ones worth getting now

Just download a full set of GBA games

You should be able to run Gameboy games via emulation and other 8bit systems like GameGear, ZX Spectrum ect, there are Matersystem, Nes even Genesis/SNES emulators ect there aswell but they use screen scrolling or bad scaling that is nasty as the image is too big for a GBA screen, even NES is like that though you may be comfortable with that system it's not that bad the video options for those tend to be flexible so you just find what you like

As above tons and tons of great games came to GBA aswell as a ton of homebrew alot of it was great, that little system was and still is loved

P.S. Moved to Everything Console

P.P.S. if you have an older Wii or a GameCube there are GameCube games that use a GBA for extra features like mini games or games like Zelda 4 Swords GC version can use a GBA for a second player up to 4 players either one GC pad and 1 to 3 GBA's or just 4 GBA's the GBA screen will show a game screen for that Link while in dungeons (check youtube or something to give you a better idea) and that is not the only game it's just an example (Pac-Man vs was a fav game for me 1x GC pad (Pac Man) and 1 to 3 GBA's (Ghosts))
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-October-2017 at 10:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for the many reccomendations, bud. I already got it. It works amazingly, and has no issues whatsoever. I ordered a pokemon gold game which isn't original, but it's hopefully working fine. The backwards compatibility is great, you can play old an new games. It's an amazing system, probably the best gameboy you can have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Just buy a flash kit

Not cheap but still well worth it

Everdrive GBA or EZ Flash IV are the current ones and only ones worth getting now

Just download a full set of GBA games

You should be able to run Gameboy games via emulation and other 8bit systems like GameGear, ZX Spectrum ect, there are Matersystem, Nes even Genesis/SNES emulators ect there aswell but they use screen scrolling or bad scaling that is nasty as the image is too big for a GBA screen, even NES is like that though you may be comfortable with that system it's not that bad the video options for those tend to be flexible so you just find what you like

As above tons and tons of great games came to GBA aswell as a ton of homebrew alot of it was great, that little system was and still is loved

P.S. Moved to Everything Console

P.P.S. if you have an older Wii or a GameCube there are GameCube games that use a GBA for extra features like mini games or games like Zelda 4 Swords GC version can use a GBA for a second player up to 4 players either one GC pad and 1 to 3 GBA's or just 4 GBA's the GBA screen will show a game screen for that Link while in dungeons (check youtube or something to give you a better idea) and that is not the only game it's just an example (Pac-Man vs was a fav game for me 1x GC pad (Pac Man) and 1 to 3 GBA's (Ghosts))
    Sadly, my GBASP is the only nintendo system I currently own. I don't have money to buy the rest, since I'm very young... I still have love for the ancestry of today's gaming. They're the reason today's games exist. My friends think old games are shit, I just think they're so much better than today.
    -Mark
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 4th-November-2017 at 11:03. Reason: posts merged
    The idea that you're so small compared to the rest of the omniverse is frightening, yet comforting...it depends on who you are. Some of us just wanna keep exploring, others just want out.
    This monologue is really deep.
    14 year old white girls go nuts for this kind of shit.
    -George Miller, Musician/Comedian

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Been gaming since it started and even before if you count pencil and paper games lol

Love both new and old though and can't say new games are better or worse than old games without having to single out certain games but rubbish games come out today as much as they always have and the same goes for good and great games

I do admit lower end graphical games are harder to get into though

I don't follow trends of games but just play what I like so I tend not to bother rushing out to get the latest games but instead hang fire until the price drops
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-November-2017 at 16:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Been gaming since it started and even before if you count pencil and paper games lol

Love both new and old though and can't say new games are better or worse than old games without having to single out certain games but rubbish games come out today as much as they always have and the same goes for good and great games

I do admit lower end graphical games are harder to get into though

I don't follow trends of games but just play what I like so I tend not to bother rushing out to get the latest games but instead hang fire until the price drops
    Oh wow! You're quite an experienced one. I can recognise most old games, like the arcade classics and classic consoles, though I'm VERY young. I wasn't even born when they came out. And at the same time, I don't even wish I was. I'm very happy with the time I was born upon.

Thanks

The Castlevania games on GBA were some of my favorites when I was younger. There were three of them--six if you count the original GameBoy trilogy.

The Mario & Luigi RPGs are pretty good, as are the various Wario games.

The Sonic Advance games are short, but decent.

And, for a less common recommendation: Scurge. It's a little sci-fi game with really interesting ideas behind it.

Thanks

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Emerald! You can also F-Zero Climax and my favorite Sonic Advance 2 and 3.