Thread: Is the ISO on this site a full dump? (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Is the ISO on this site a full dump? (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles)

Dolphin 5.0-5667 Android

Samsung Galaxy S7
    Android Version 7.0

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles USA
    1.36 GB

Moga Pro Power

It crashes during the cutscene after the Giant Crab(collecting myrrh), even when I load a save state to put me slightly before that point. Also, if I push "start" to skip the cutscene it does the same thing. Looks to me like the ISO isn't complete, is that my fault or this site's? How would I fix it and still keep my saves? Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Relying on save states isn't a good idea.
    You're using dolphin on android, so I wouldn't expect anything to run as good as it possibly could on a decent PC.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not relying completely on savestates, no. There are actual "memory card" saves.

Still doesn't answer my question. I asked if the ISO was complete. I didn't ask if it would run as good as it would on a decent PC which I lack and cannot buy atm.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

1.36GB sounds about right for NGC game.
    You can check if the disc image is a good copy yourself (CRC or whatever), but even if it isn't it might still work anyway...
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Spoiler warning:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, that helps. I have a physical copy so I will try to dump it myself and compare it to those values. After I look up what all the dolphin settings are and see if any of those are causing the crash.

Thanks
    EP Points

Crystal Chronicles isn't 100% compatible on Dolphin anyways. You're going to run into more crashes throughout the game. There are the odd work arounds like using specific builds of dolphin and then switching back. And that's on PC. Now keep in mind it's been about 2 years since I messed with it myself so hopefully compat has increased since then but from what I've read it still has issues. On Android well who knows. Generally speaking it's not a good idea, Android Dolphin is even much less compatible with the games, and probably around 5 years behind the PC version.

If the ISO wasn't complete I'm 99% sure it simply wouldn't boot in the first place. All the power to ya though, if you can get it working effing ay. Post your results. Don't think there's been a lot of testing for Android except for a few users.

2 cents

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post: