Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are some of your favorite horror games?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Remaster doesn't make sense if the game was rebuilt, regardless of how close to the GC versions you think they are. The recent Crash games aren't remasters, those games were rebuilt.
    Remastered games are essentially cash grabs because yes, they're ports with graphics more suited to the target platform. Remakes have more time put into them. But yes I do agree with you about RE series having pov switch, sorta like TES/Fallout games have had for years.
    Survival/horror games and first person in particular go very well together. Look at Alien Isolation.

I've commented about RE needing first person for years, RE4 is a legendary favourite for many people but Leon's body is just filling the screen.
    RE7 was good for fp but I didn't enjoy much else about the game tbh.
    I know this was posted awhile ago but this convo with nomorevideos has been bugging me for awhile. Oh and I agree with DL completely here btw.

A rerelease is a game that has been essentially unchanged - like say Phantasy Star 2 which I got some time ago on Xbox One. It's just a genny game that has been ported over to 360 and bc with Xbone.

A remaster is just bumped up resolution maybe some refined textures but still the same game with maybe some menu options like 2x speed etc.. My example here would be Final Fantasy 8. Play wise it's still the same game.

Remake. RE 2002, RE2make and RE3make have been totally rebuilt from the ground up and hence they're completely REmakes (lol) DL mentioned N'sane trilogy. Close to the first games but again it was still rebuilt from the ground up.

As for RE7 I hate it. First person was good, the game is gorgeous, and it's pretty creepy here and there but what broke the game for me was the super slow movement of the main character, everything else moves 5 times faster than you do. It just COMPLETELY killed it for me. Even if they had made the running speed outside while indoors the same it would have helped but even then..

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd like to add Little Nightmares to my short list. It's not a proper horror game, but it gave me a thrill.

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaramuels View Post
    Dead space and.. I think you will say that is not a horror, but Alan Wake xd
    For sure! I can never walk in a forest again after playing that game.
    Last edited by Moana; 19th-January-2021 at 16:59.