Thread: Zelda 1: Fceux Microphone settings?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Zelda 1: Fceux Microphone settings?

Is it possible for Fceux to detect headphone and built-in laptop microphones? It's because I'm playing Zelda 1 and I need a Mic to kill the Pols voice without having to use my sword. There is an option to replace controller 2 start with a mic, but that's not what I need. If all else fails I can try that but only if it detects both my Switch and Xbox controllers as separate.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I believe it is intended that you map a key to the Start and use the replace start with mic option then the start key becomes the mic key to act as if you have blown into the mic

Fceux help file was of er not much help really but asides from the switch start on pad 2 for a mic there seems to be no options for actually mapping a microphone up to it it just uses the button mapped for Start to act like you blow or yell into the mic

Replace Port 2 Start With Microphone

Checking this box will replace the Start button used by controller 2 with the microphone option found on the famicom. Pressing the Microphone button is like blowing or yelling into it on the console equipment. The Port 2 controller used for the Famicom included a microphone and a volume control in place of the Start and Select buttons. This option isn't automatically detected, so it has to be manually enabled by the user. Movie files may also enable and use this feature. Both Famicom Cartridges and Famicom Disks have made use of this feature, such as both the cartridge and disk version of Zelda 1, Hikari Shinwa, and Takeshi no Chosenjo. Games other than those listed here use this feature.

Nestopia's mic option is more obvious again it's mapped to a key or button

Despite this being on Pad 2 you could map the mic to the controller (a single button) as well as all the buttons for Pad 1 to the same controller

I can see why they never bothered to actually map a mic as the games did not have voice recognition at the time anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-October-2017 at 07:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR