Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3: Is there any way to convert a Ps1 DexDrive Save into PS3 PSV Format?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Don't use PRO-C2 it has broken PSOne Classics support. Use 6.60 PRO-C fix3 or 6.60 LME 2.3.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

there are two different PSP cheat systems out there (I forget there names) but the plugin may not be the issue

It is also worth check the clock speed has not been changed from default values

while at the main menu of your PSP press and hold select until the menu shows and make sure both the CPU options are set to "default" you can boost the clock speed to 333 but it may cause problems with some games

When you get a bit more time after your hols though we can take you through the downgrade options and take you back to 6.60

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

in regards to the cheat systems i found out what i was doing wrong. the cheat file i downloaded only had the system for the psp. i was able to get the ps1 system and confirm that it works.

when you say downgrade. do you mean the software updates for the psp?

as for time. i'm not going away for 2 weeks. i just didnt want to run the risk of testing the firmware on my main psp to find out if it was working in case something happened. but it was niggling at me last night so i tested it. made sure the cheat software was working and that the cheats worked and then removed the firmware from my main psp.

but if there's a way to make earlier versions of the custom firmware that are more effective work then lay it on me.

btw the psp i would be using for the moment is a 2000 model. but if i wind up replacing it. then i'll be getting a 3000 model
    Last edited by Bernard Moran; 2nd-October-2017 at 19:00. Reason: added info

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am talking about downgrading the firmware from 6.61 back to 6.60

If I get time later if no one else jumps in I will post the details for doing that later if not the next day or so

EDIT got a quick couple of mins

OK grab Chronoswitch Downgrader from https://t.co/ONQuv0EfRF

on your memcard copy the EBOOT.PBP into PSP\GAME\DOWNGRADER\

full path will be PSP\GAME\DOWNGRADER\EBOOT.PBP

You will also want the official firmware version 6.60 from https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067

The archive already has the correct path so can be extracted directly to your memcard

full path will be PSP\GAME\UPDATE\EBOOT.PBP

Run the Chronoswitch Dpwngrader and follow the basic instructions, it's simple enough to follow

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

much thanks.

any suggestions on which custom firmware to use? from the 6.60 set? i dont want a permanent one

to be honest the only reason i used the 6.61 pro firmware is because it was with the instructions i found on youtube. specifically it was the only video of CLEAR instructions i could find

Thanks
    EP Points

The two CFWs I mentioned in post #16 don't have to be permanent, I only use lite aka temp CFW on my PSP E1000 aka Street.

I needed to use 6.60 LME 2.3 to get Elder Scrolls Travels Oblivion PSP beta dumps working, but before that I was using 6.60 PRO-C fix3 all the time. I have both CFWs on different memory stick adapters with dual micro SD cards.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would perm them as you own a PSP 2000 that can be perm patched later models can't mostly although it's not a big deal it does save the hassle or re-initiating it every time you turn the machine on

I actually use my Vita more now, but I do still have a PSP 2002 (same as a 2000 it's just white) with Pro C fix 3 but both the above are are just as easy as each other to use
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-October-2017 at 08:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

dead on. i'll sort it out at the weekend when i'm off and let you know how it goes.

right now my only concern was whether or not the codes would work.

but there is one thing i do need to know.

will the firmware work for games with an online feature? i've got phantasy star portable 1 and 2 and i wanted to try and get some of the achievements and send myself some items from saves i found online

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Providing online servers still exist yes online will work fine

Though no PSP game has PSN achievements there is the odd game that has internal achievements and the odd game that can pass over saves to the PS3 version and add to PSN achievements from the PS3

I have used my PSP with the PSN store to get some older content back on to without issue or ban
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-October-2017 at 08:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

nah it would be psp to psp at home using my old psp (assuming the old ones wifi hasnt died on me)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

adhoc then it will be fine the psp does not loose features modding the firmware

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

just wanted to make sure

i've been thinking of getting another copy of phantasy star portable 1 and 2 to get the co-op achievements for ages but i was too cheap to spring for a second copy

with the custom firmware my only expense will be a new memory card to hold all the games i'm going to download

Thanks
    EP Points

If you need another mem card buy a dual micro SD adapter.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

i already have an adaptor but i'm using my big sd card in my movbile phone

by my math. for all the games i'm planning to download i'll need a 16gb memory card. i can get a legit card on amazon pretty cheap

Thanks

i did the downgrade to 6.60

and just ran the firmware but it was lagging for a bit

i think it's running right now but for reference. what should i set the clock speed to to get the best results from here on out?

once i have that figured out as a christmas present to myself i can get a new memory stick and a spare psp on the cheap from somewhere (the screen on the 1 i've been running the custom firmware on started to die a horrible death on me after i dropped it a few years ago and has been getting worse ever since)

then i'll be able to play a game that has been cruelly denied to players in europe for many years. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue