Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3: Is there any way to convert a Ps1 DexDrive Save into PS3 PSV Format?

Thanks

Default PS3: Is there any way to convert a Ps1 DexDrive Save into PS3 PSV Format?

Title says it all.

Nobody sells Derive devices anymore. especially in Europe.

so I need a way to convert some dexdrive saves from gamefaqs into the PSV format.

any ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

Found this on gamefaqs and sounds like what you're trying to do..

If the gamesave was made from a PS3 system then download and extract the .PSV file from Gamefaq then on the USB stick make a folder name it PS3 then go inside it and make a folder name it EXPORT then go inside it and make a folder named PSV inside the PSV folder place the .PSV gamesave. The gamesave will now work in any PS3
    Edit: ack just noticed you said you want to also convert it to psv

Thanks

lol no problem

to be honest at the moment it's just for a few games right now.

games that either were never released in my neck of the woods. or are so expensive to buy here that i'd have to be out of my mind to pay the money

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Only guide I've seen involves using a PSP with CFW, as well as some software on a PC.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

yeah i saw that.

i have an old psp i could put the firmware on

but i dont have the game i would be modding the save for yet. i wanted to make sure it would work before i spent six bucks

Thanks
    EP Points

If you have a PSP with CFW you just download a backup of the PS1 game. If you can't get it already converted to PSP (either official PSOne Classics version or a PSX2PSP conversion) then convert it yourself.
    If you don't have a mem card for the PSP buy a pro duo to micro sd adapter off ebay or whatever...should only cost a couple of bucks max (here at least anyway). Then just use whatever micro sd card(s) you have lying around.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

i have some memory cards

but my only expperience with emulation are some snes and gba roms. beyond that i'm in the dark

i saw a guy on youtube installing some custom firmware but he didnt go into any particulat details about playing ps1 and psp roms on the psp after the fact

Thanks
    EP Points

Installing CFW isn't hard.
    If you're paranoid about doing something wrong then install lite aka temp CFW as you aren't actually flashing the console firmware, there's virtually zero chance anything will go wrong as the official firmware is still there.

You can install CFW on all PSP models easily.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

the firmware isnt the problem

like i said the psp is an spare.

its the roms and the iso's i'm thinking of.

i dont know what i'd need to know to get the ps1 and psp iso's i would download running on the psp. the video guide i found on youtube didnt specify

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PSX games need converting before use on the PSP, you do not need a separate emulator for the PSP as that is built into the firmware but you may need popsloader for some un-official eboots (aka PSX2PSP)

As above you can either go for a PSX2PSP convert (We have most games done for the main site) that is un-official or you can go for a PSone Classic version

both you get a folder with a eboot.pbp file contained inside (often with other files), that folder is stored on your PSP via the path PSP/ GAME/ (your folder goes here)

if a game does not run then you will need to use Popsloader for your current version of the PSP firmware once installed (usually comes with a text file explaining how) you hold R after starting the PSX game and a basic menu will show listing several versions of Pops (the officially built in emulator) there you will want to try an older version untill it boots
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-September-2017 at 03:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

got it thanks

i found a video on youtube for uploading the 6.61 pro custom firmware.

it was just the issue of running psp isos and ps1 games i needed a bit of guidance on.

i also had an idea a minute ago about using cheat codes with some of the games to make things better.

however the issue of running the ps1 games has been solved. all the games i wanted to get. lunar 2 Eternal Blue, Legend of Mana and Wild Arms 2 have already been converted to psp format on this site.

now i just need to get cheats for the other games (final fantasy 4 Complete Collection, Hexyz Force and Persona 3 Portable). and find some way to cheat what i want into wild arms 2 and legend of mana and then move the psv saves over to my ps3
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-September-2017 at 15:19.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

if you have any issues with 6.61 I strongly recommend 6.60 instead

6.61 was a pure stop the pirates attempt there was nothing actually added to the system with that update

as for cheats you can either search for your own or just use http://www.codetwink.com/list-cheats-psx.html (NTSC codes mostly) or http://us.codejunkies.com/search/cod...at=PlayStation (NTSC codes) or http://uk.codejunkies.com/search/cod...at=PlayStation (EU/UK codes)

Your codes need to be of the same region as the game as well as version of the game if game x has more than one release

It's more fun creating codes
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-September-2017 at 15:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i didnt think the gameshark codes would work once you shift the game into psp format.

but i'm pretty sure i have everything i need.

i have a site for the firmware.

i also have a site for the cheat database.

now i just need to find out if the cheat database has codes for final fantasy 4 complete collection, persona 3 portable and hexyx force

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yup it's the same format, just basic mem addresses just use one of the two well know cheat plugins and make sure the pops version is enabled

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

OK

i got good news and bad news

good news

i installed the 6.61 pro-c2 custom firmware and wild arms 2 on my old psp and they work and the ps3 copy of the game accepted the save i tested.

bad news

after i added a text file to run the pops cheat plugin. the psp started to run REALLY slugging when i tried to run the custom firmware again

it could just be the fact that the psp is busted. but i dont want to take the risk of testing the firmware on my main psp at the moment because i'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and i'm taking my psp with me.

any thoughts?