Thread: HELP ME :c Tekken 2 and ePSXe emulation issue.

Thanks

Default HELP ME :c Tekken 2 and ePSXe emulation issue.

When I try to run Tekken 2 on the ePSXe emulator I downloaded, a big white screen pops up and even though I can press the keys and the game seems to respond perfectly and the game's music and sound play perfectly and without lag, I can't see the game at all, it's just a big white screen. Additionally I get the error message in the smaller black prompting screen of 'after glTexSubImage2D() glError (0x501)' what do I do? I've tried various ROMS of the same game but to no success.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
    Graphics card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family adapter type (GMA X3100 under adapter string)
    RAM: 2.00 GB

Emulator: ePSXe 2.0.5
    Plugins: ePSXe GPU core 2.0.0 (video)
    ePSXe SPU core 2.0.0 (audio)

Game: Tekken 2 (E) (SCES-00255)

Thanks in advance for any help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Rick
    Last edited by Tapir; 28th-September-2017 at 15:59.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://psxdatacenter.com/ is the best place to look for settings per game

http://psxdatacenter.com/games/P/T/SCES-00255.html just past the screen grabs are some emulation notes

You should get some external graphics plugins recommend any of pete's http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm

Or you can make the jump from ePSXe to Retroarch instead
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-September-2017 at 16:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So I've downloaded Pete's OpenGL Driver v2.9 and used the recommended settings as advised in DataCenter and when I loaded the .bin file to start the game, I received two messages, one says

'missing framebuffer object extension'

and
    'no wgl extensions'

I am not savvy with programming language or anything of the sort, so I really don't know what's wrong here.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use the standard OpenGL, sounds like your system just does not support OpenGL2 (or to be exact your Graphics chip does not support OpenGL2 extensions) so use OpenGL Direct3D or a Software plugin

P.E.Op.S./Pete's OpenGL Windows PSX GPU 1.78 to be exact that happens to be newer than the OpenGL2 plugin

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Use the standard OpenGL, sounds like your system just does not support OpenGL2 (or to be exact your Graphics chip does not support OpenGL2 extensions) so use OpenGL Direct3D or a Software plugin

P.E.Op.S./Pete's OpenGL Windows PSX GPU 1.78 to be exact that happens to be newer than the OpenGL2 plugin
    So I downloaded P.E.Op.S. because I read somewhere that it was better for 'slower' computers, and it's kinda worked for me. The game starts, the opening sequence doesn't glitch, it runs smooth, the audio is smooth. The problem is in the actual gameplay, the music sounds slow, almost like it stutters and the gameplay is pretty slow. I've been trying to mess around with the video plugin settings but I can't seem to find the setting most favorable for my PC.

Thanks for bearing with me btw

Thanks
    EP Points

Mobile APU's aren't strong enough to run PS1 games, unfortunately.

by mobile, I do include Laptops.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bvanharjr View Post

So using PS emulators is a lost cause then?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bvanharjr View Post

That's absolutely ridiculous.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tapir View Post
    So using PS emulators is a lost cause then?
    Sorry we do do get people like that

your fine for PSX emulation

You can set the FPS to 63 if you like

Software, Direct 3D and the Original OpenGL are all worth a try on your system

Software is not always the fastest but it is the most compatible of the plugins

Direct3D and OpenGL use more enhanced features but may need to be tweaked per game kinda 50/50 for the speed being faster or slower than Software it totally depends on your system

Retroarch or one of the lower end PSX emulators might be worth a shot also though

Your CPU is fine and so is your graphics though not the best it should be enough
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-September-2017 at 19:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    That's absolutely ridiculous.
    It's what it is.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Funny that is all I used for a good while and ran PSX emulation just fine I even had much slower and much older systems running PSX at full speed

Even my Galaxy Tab 3 runs PSX fine and my rather cheap android box both are lower spec

You might need to use lower end setups but that is fine as long as the game runs ok

ePSXe is also not the only PSX emulator out there anyway and is not considered the best either, anyway there are other PSX emulators that work better for lower end users and there is also Retroarch that is just a lot less complicated and works out the box once setup

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Funny that is all I used for a good while and ran PSX emulation just fine I even had much slower and much older systems running PSX at full speed

Even my Galaxy Tab 3 runs PSX fine and my rather cheap android box both are lower spec

You might need to use lower end setups but that is fine as long as the game runs ok

ePSXe is also not the only PSX emulator out there anyway and is not considered the best either, anyway there are other PSX emulators that work better for lower end users and there is also Retroarch that is just a lot less complicated and works out the box once setup
    Thanks so much! To everyone who offered advice on this thread I have my game running now, Pete's D3D Driver 1.77 did the trick. I get framerate issues all of a sudden, which usually go away when I turn the framelimit off, but when I do that, the sound goes slightly glitchy and berserk. I tried RetroArch but I was not able to set it up on my computer for some reason, I'll be trying it again soon however.

EDIT: TRIED DOWNLOADING RETROARCH FOR WINDOWS 10, DOESN'T WORK. I've tried looking in this forum to see what's wrong, but I can't find anyone who's had the same problem I'm having. When I start up Retroarch, it just crashes. It doesn't even give me the chance to load a game. Any ideas or any thread anyone could point me to for this? Sorry for being a pain for some of y'all :$
    Last edited by Tapir; 3rd-October-2017 at 17:28.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Make sure you don't have anything else running at the same time that will use the resources up at the same time

Not sure what help I can offer for Windows 10 I downgraded back to 7 because I had problems with the OS myself though not emulator related issues

I would go with the Retroarch installer version and make sure you reset after installation to make sure any support drivers are installed correctly you will also require a bios pack

EDIT bet you closed ePSXe wrong and it was still running in the background, if you want to exit ePSXe you need to press ESC to return to the gui then exit the emulator otherwise it is still running even though there is no ePSXe window running
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-October-2017 at 08:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]