Hi everyone, I'm new here
First of all, I must admit that I'm a complete newbie when it comes to emulators and PC gaming. I always play on consoles, so I'm a complete stranger to the technical difficulties one can encounter when playing on PC.
Now, a friend of mine and I decided to give netplay a shot. I've downloaded a folder named ePSXe 2.0.5 Ultimate Pack, which should contain everything I need for my purposes. But I'm still having some problems.

1) When I open the Kaillera client, no servers appear under the "all servers" list, while they do appear under the "recent" list. Is this normal or is there something wrong?
2) I tried connecting to some of the servers, but it seems like I can't connect to any of them. The "connecting" screen pops up and then it keeps me waiting forever. My internet connection is pretty good, so I know that's not the problem. What's happening here?
3) I'm using ePSXe on Windows, while my friend will use it on MAC. Will that be a problem if we both use the same versions of the game and the emulatore and the same configurations?

Thanks to you all for the answers