Thread: Leisure Suit Larry 2 - Goes looking for Love (In Several Wrong Places) (Floppy DOS) Emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

Question Leisure Suit Larry 2 - Goes looking for Love (In Several Wrong Places) (Floppy DOS) Emulator?

Thanks to the GameGrumps and Steam Train, I really got into a mood to play the Leisure Suit Larry series from back when I was younger and totally, legibly old enough to play (probably). I downloaded the files from here, but have no idea what emulator I need to run this game like it's 1988.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SP Zack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Dosbox.

You'll have to do a little work to get it going but there are various gui's for it that can make it simpler. Scummvm might do it too with it's own profile/config which would make things super simple. Can't remember where the link is around here but there is also a webpage out there with current installers for most old sierra games you can google.

Pretty sure there is also a very nasty freeze/crash bug really late in the game so you may need to find a fix for too.

Have you played the remake of the first one??? Not the vga one from ages ago but from a couple years back.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SCUMMVM should be the first choice for those games

https://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

Rather than emulating an older system it just reads the game files and acts more like a port than an emulation of the core system like Dos

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles is worth looking at so you know what files SCUMMVM looks for, because it is a port several files are not required for example you will not need the main exe file as this is a port engine.

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Da...0.2F1.29_games <- direct link to what files will be need by the game mentioned, or just grab the game from https://www.emuparadise.me/ScummVM_G...ting-With-L/21 that has the files prepped for SCUMMVM to start with
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-September-2017 at 07:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: