Thread: question about pj64

Thanks
    EP Points

Default question about pj64

i currently have pj64 v1.5. i now just downloaded 1.5SP1. when i install the update then over v1.5, will i still have my current save states. i just want 2 make sure if i have them or not b4 i install it b/c in Zelda OOT i have not used the save system that is in the game, i have been using pj64's saving system.

Thanks

well just to be sure because i'm not sure i would make another copy of your save states by copying and pasting them somewhere such as maybe your desktop or documents or whever you feel liek and try and if it does happen to over write them theny uo can just import your backups into the new savestae folder
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

trelimb Guest

I would do what sniper said but add one step. keep a copy of the emulator that isn't upgraded somewhere as a backup also. That way if the upgrade isn't able to recognise the old saves then you have the old one. Then you can do an in game save somewhere and transfer that to the upgraded pj64.

Thanks
    EP Points

You'll be fine, the upgrade won't mess up your saves.

Thanks
    EP Points

He is right.
    I just installed it and my saves were just fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

A word of warning about just using Save States - if at any point during a game PJ64 causes an error in the Rom that isn't critical enough to cause the rom to stop working at that moment. And then you save using a state, it will save with all errors too.

It is always wise to use a few native saves when possible as well as using save states.