Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite GameCube game?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What is your favourite GameCube game?

My favourite has got to play Rayman 3, it's amazing and I've completed it many times. A close runner up has to be Super Mario Sunshine, because even though it has a lot of downsides, it was a big part of my childhood.

Tell me some of your all time favourite GameCube games, I'm interested to see what they are
    I'm winding up my jack-in-the-box, but the only thing popping out is nuclear warfare.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Wind Waker was the reason why I bought the cube. Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart Double Dash, Resident Evil 4... my list of favourite games is too long

Thanks

Cool

Rogue Leader. Unlike its successors, the Gamecube had a real "killer app" right there at launch, and a third-party exclusive at that.

No other Nintendo platform, to my knowledge, can claim that.

Thanks

I loved the GameCube. My favorite game was eternal darkness. If only we could get a remake...

Thanks
    EP Points

It's a toss up between Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime.

Thanks

Probably Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, but Smash Bros. Melee I secretly enjoy more.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not sure if it counts since it wasn't an exclusive for long, but Resident Evil 4. I absolutely adore that game. It's up there as one of my all time favorites.

Thanks

My Favorite game for the Cube has got to be Super Smash Brothers Melee, for sure. That game is just so epic and never gets old if you have a few friends who have mastered at least one or two characters, which is really all one could realistically excel at - just one or possibly two characters who are their go-to fighters....that's what makes that game so great tho, since each character is so distinctively different with their own sets of strengths and weaknesses; and a huge arsenal of hand-to-hand combat attacks, at least 2 to 4 different weapons that have several different ways that one may choose to wield them, and of course the soundtrack and embellished dramatic cinematography that eventually tightens up on the last two fighters standing while they battle it out to the bitter end......Just a freakin' all-around EPIC title man, with a whole lot to offer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance remains the high point of the franchise. Very anime, but not too anime to the point it becomes a shipping simulator (which I'm normally okay with but goddamn if that didn't make the fanbase insufferable). Tackles surprisingly serious issues, has the most well developed and likable casts I've ever seen in most any game, and it has a shitty twink in the main cast (Soren) as one of the best supporting characters ever.

Also, it had the most stable version of Sonic Heroes.

Thanks
    EP Points

My favorite Gamecube games are Super Smash Bros. Melee, F-Zero GX and Gotcha Force, which reminds me of Cyber Troopers: Virtual On, and knowing Capcom they'll never bring back or make a sequel to it.

Thanks

Super Mario Strikers. Just a fun game to play. The graphics are pretty good too.

Thanks

Cubivore will always hold a special place in my heart. It was such a weird thing to encounter as a kid.

Thanks

Skies of Arcadia

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know the Gamecube's library all that well, as I never owned one at the time, and only started to catch up through backwards compatibility after buying a Wii much later. But I really, really liked Baten Kaitos: Origins. The first game wasn't bad at all either, but the characters weren't hugely interesting, and the story, despite one absolutely killer plot twist and a great world and setting, was kind of forgettable for me. But the second game is, I think, one of my favourite games of that generation on any platform.

The battle system is quick, amazingly fun, and just the right level of challenging, the graphics are gorgeous (in part because they were able to reuse a lot of the first game's already beautiful backdrops), all three of the lead characters are super-likeable and the dialogue is genuinely funny and well-written, the story is great and ties into the first game in really interesting and meaningful ways, and though I'm no fan of Motoi Sakuraba, the music is, along with the two Valkyrie Profile soundtracks, easily his best work in my mind. I honestly feel that it's as good as just about any JRPG on the PS2, and though it was probably doomed from the outset by being both a sequel to a game that not that many people played and a very late release on a platform that wasn't really known for the genre, I'm so glad I gave it a shot years later. Like I say, I'm still exploring the Gamecube's library, and haven't played a number of the really big titles yet, but I'd be surprised if I find game on the Cube that I like as much as BKO.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BOY View Post
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance remains the high point of the franchise. Very anime, but not too anime to the point it becomes a shipping simulator (which I'm normally okay with but goddamn if that didn't make the fanbase insufferable). Tackles surprisingly serious issues, has the most well developed and likable casts I've ever seen in most any game, and it has a shitty twink in the main cast (Soren) as one of the best supporting characters ever.
    I knew I liked you.