Thread: Where can I buy a NDS Lite Slot-2 cart?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Where can I buy a NDS Lite Slot-2 cart?

So, I sincerely hope this is a simple enough question for people here. I have an R4 in my NDS Lite running with R4Wood, but there are some GBA games I want to be able to play on the go - without trying to figure out how to do more with the R4 itself. I'm looking for a Slot-2 cart with MicroSD support, preferably one that matches the form factor of the NDS Lite's dummy cartridge, so that I can either fit it comfortably in my travel case or pocket; but form factor's a minor concern over being able to easily handle GBA games with the R4Wood firmware.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find it for a reasonable cost?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Where to find it, and at reasonable cost, I don't know. But AFAIK the most popular DS Lite slim form cart was the EZ Flash V. AFAIK all the slim form carts are discontinued, because nobody cares about the DS Lite. Also all(?) the slim form carts didn't support SD cards, because that'd be a lot to cram into the little cart (maybe some premium ones did though?).

You're best off just buying a EZ Flash IV. Those are currently available, you can just grab one off eBay for cheap. It'll stick out of your cart slot, but it's what's out there.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Awesome - will that cartridge require a firmware of its own, or can R4Wood run .GBA files from it?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GBA flash carts are not cheap

EZ Flash IV & there is a cart by Everdrive those be all you can get now (EZ Flash V is slot 1)

P.S. the M3 Lite (aka M3 Perfect Lite) was a micro SD flash cart that had a DS lite shell or standard GBA shell but those are impossible to find now (all I have left of my kit is the spare shells as the cart was stolen along with the DS lite I had it in)

Alternatively you can buy a 3 in 1 GBA cart slit that is much cheaper if you can find them, they are just added memory and require a DS slot cart to tell it what to do and to store the GBA roms on it

3 -1 usually is
    1 memory for the DS internet browser rom
    2 rumble for DS games
    3 memory to be used for GBA game play

The 3 in 1 carts are not a flash carts on there own though it has no use on it's own, everything is controlled via the DS slot, for carts that do not support those you can get 3rd party software to do this from any DS flash kit

EZ-Flash 3in1 is a well known one and can be found for sale in some online stores

Most GBA kits are going to be a better option but saying that the 3 in 1 kits do a very good job anyway with very few games with issues

EDIT there are some Supercard GBA kits still around also (those are full GBA cart sized though and use a mini SD that I would recommend against the Mini SD thing that is)

Summery

Everdrive GBA X5 is the best GBA kit at the moment
    EZ Flash IV is still a very good kit and comes with a Micro SD slot now, the older versions used a Mini SD slot but mini SD's are not easy to find now
    EZ-Flash 3in1 is a good alternative method and will work along side a DS slot cart, the GBA games are stored on the DS kit rather than the slot 2 cart
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-September-2017 at 08:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalElf View Post
    Awesome - will that cartridge require a firmware of its own, or can R4Wood run .GBA files from it?
    EZ Flash IV has its own kernel afaik. Cart might cost something like $30-40au.

Spoiler warning: