Thread: PCSX2 wont accept key binding for my ps3 controller

Thanks

Default PCSX2 wont accept key binding for my ps3 controller

My ps2 emulator runs, the problem i have is, I was playing PTO IV last night and my PC crashed. When I reloaded PCSX2, went to config, all my bindings were there but don't do anything. I cleared all of them and re configured the bindings again with no luck. I the list of devices it shows my controller, if I click TEST it wont respond with any of the controls on my PS controller. If someone could tell me what has happened that'd be awesome, Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a PS3 Controller as well but it wont work so I went out an brought a X-box 360 AFTERGLOW an made sure it had a USB on it an Config it as a PS/PS2 Controller an it works great an here is the File for you to get a X-Box 360 USB Controller to work on the PCSX2 1.4.0. AFTERGLOW X-Box.7z

P.S. You have to Extract the file

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Liamhall, you should try to re-install any drivers needed for your controller if it's not detected by your PC. These could have been damaged when it crashed.

There is a problem with wired 360 controllers, where the triggers work as an axis. This means that pressing both is the same as pressing neither since they cancel to zero. The workaround for that is to use another program like xpadder or joy2key that can convert the triggers to keyboard keys, and those keys should then show up when you configure your emulator.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Good Swimmer View Post
    Liamhall, you should try to re-install any drivers needed for your controller if it's not detected by your PC. These could have been damaged when it crashed.

There is a problem with wired 360 controllers, where the triggers work as an axis. This means that pressing both is the same as pressing neither since they cancel to zero. The workaround for that is to use another program like xpadder or joy2key that can convert the triggers to keyboard keys, and those keys should then show up when you configure your emulator.
    I haven't had Problem's with my Afterglow 360 Controller at all so Liamhall give my Settings a try

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by swat842 View Post
    I haven't had Problem's with my Afterglow 360 Controller at all so Liamhall give my Settings a try
    He's using a ps3 controller - different drivers.