Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's with the hatred of pineapple on pizza?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What's with the hatred of pineapple on pizza?

It's my favorite topping tbh. Pepperoni is also good.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Because fruits and vegetables don't have a place on pizza. And if I was going to put fruits and vegetables on a pizza there are a million things I'd pick first. Go with standard fruits to start, apple, orange, cherries, lemons, grapes, strawberries, lettuce, potatoes, every one would be better than pineapple.

Spoiler warning:
    Seriously, why aren't pizza's covered in french fries a thing?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Pineapple on pizza is sacrilege but plenty of people here like it.
    When I have one it needs to have loads of mushrooms and fresh garlic with whatever else.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Garlic

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Because fruits and vegetables don't have a place on pizza. And if I was going to put fruits and vegetables on a pizza there are a million things I'd pick first. Go with standard fruits to start, apple, orange, cherries, lemons, grapes, strawberries, lettuce, potatoes, every one would be better than pineapple.

Spoiler warning:

Ugh, I hate mushrooms in general. Really though, all I eat on Pizza is either just plain old cheese, Hawaiian, or pepperoni.

Thanks
    EP Points

Before you read this, I wish to make clear that I am not a doctor; and this is not medical advice. This is merely the result of observation and research, and you should consult medical professionals before altering your diet.

Frankly, the reason is because a lot of people are sensitive to the chemical makeup of pineapple. And the fact that the tomato sauce (often with basil and sage) already adds a major sweet note to the bread that is the crust. On top of that, both tomato and pineapple are acidifying in the body (along with their natural sugar), which can actually lead to indigestion. For those who are sensitive to acids, carbs/sugars, or nightshade vegetables (whether they know it or not), the combination of pineapple and tomato can affect them both in the tastebuds, leading to a foul aftertaste and excess saliva and in the stomach in terms of aforementioned indigestion and discomfort. The same reaction can be found when people who are nightshade-sensitive have peppers on their pizza.

Instead, if you're looking for a more subtle sweet note on a pizza that won't cause as violent a reaction, try thin-sliced carrot, corn, or basil leaves.

For myself, I usually go one of two ways - NYC $1-a-slice classic, or white with spinach and mushroom.

Thanks
    EP Points

Despite Hawaiian pizza's name, it was originally created in Canada. So for that, I apologize for that abomination we've created.

Stay off my pizza, FRUIT!

Canadian pizza however (Pepperoni Mushroom Bacon), is amazing!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Mushrooms are fungus The Great White North from Boston Pizza (also Canadian, lol) is superb
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityBlack View Post
    Stay off my pizza, FRUIT!
    No tomato?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Pineapple with double bacon and extra cheese. Awesome!

(I will take anyone else's slices if they aren't eating.)

P.S.- Health risk from one of the earlier posts? Health risk-haha. I have eaten this configuration a couple dozen times at least. Speaking of,....reaching for the phone. Supper tonight, thanks for the idea!
    Last edited by Rynne; 19th-September-2017 at 20:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ewww pineapple. I find it just simply doesn't go with alot of other toppings. And I get the heartburn/acid reflux point that was mentioned. As I creep incredibly close to 40 I find I've been getting this myself from certain foods. Used to have an iron stomach and could eat anything no problem.

Pepperoni, sausage, onion, bacon, green peppers and garlic dip for the crust. Mmmmmm.

Thanks

afaik pineapple on pizza is a hawaii thing. I don't like pineapple by itself so I wouldn't want it on pizza but if you like it then knock yourself out. ewwww tho tbh

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Good man - people are so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

Spoiler warning:
    Especially you, hunbearpie. Baked pineapple is sweet, subtle and... you know, moist (for lack of a better word, at first I wrote non-dry... it's late etc.). Also it isn't sour, it doesn't contain any seeds and it isn't plain ridiculous. Also, you're missing out if you've never had a vegetarian pizza with goat cheese. Also, artichoke is pretty much the best pizza ingredient after pineapple.

I've had french fries on pizza (+ kebab and garlic sauce) actually, it was grand but still not quite as nice as I thought it would be..

In case you guys are wondering - well I'm gonna tell anyways - I always used to have kebab and pineapple + garlic sauce-pizzas when I was a wee kid. After that I moved on to pineapple, ham and extra cheese, until I lost the ability to eat whatever without gaining weight. I've replaced the extra cheese with shrimps now.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalElf View Post
    Before you read this, I wish to make clear that I am not a doctor; and this is not medical advice. This is merely the result of observation and research, and you should consult medical professionals before altering your diet.

Frankly, the reason is because a lot of people are sensitive to the chemical makeup of pineapple. And the fact that the tomato sauce (often with basil and sage) already adds a major sweet note to the bread that is the crust. On top of that, both tomato and pineapple are acidifying in the body (along with their natural sugar), which can actually lead to indigestion. For those who are sensitive to acids, carbs/sugars, or nightshade vegetables (whether they know it or not), the combination of pineapple and tomato can affect them both in the tastebuds, leading to a foul aftertaste and excess saliva and in the stomach in terms of aforementioned indigestion and discomfort. The same reaction can be found when people who are nightshade-sensitive have peppers on their pizza.

Instead, if you're looking for a more subtle sweet note on a pizza that won't cause as violent a reaction, try thin-sliced carrot, corn, or basil leaves.
    You forgot to recommend wheat, flour, peas and mud.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    No tomato?
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Ewww pineapple. I find it just simply doesn't go with alot of other toppings. And I get the heartburn/acid reflux point that was mentioned. As I creep incredibly close to 40 I find I've been getting this myself from certain foods. Used to have an iron stomach and could eat anything no problem.

Pepperoni, sausage, onion, bacon, green peppers and garlic dip for the crust. Mmmmmm.
    Lies. Baked pineapple goes with pretty much everything. Everything.

On the subject of whatever, I've always found it weird that people are so sensitive about mixing foodstuffs. If something is good, chances are it won't be bad after being mixed with other good things. (Which is not to say that the combination of yummy-A and yummy-B will necessarily be great, but still.)

Quote Originally Posted by 0n1n3 View Post
    afaik pineapple on pizza is a hawaii thing. I don't like pineapple by itself so I wouldn't want it on pizza but if you like it then knock yourself out. ewwww tho tbh
    It's (obviously) not.
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 29th-September-2017 at 00:49.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Yeah, actually it (obviously) is.

Any search engine is (obviously) your friend.