Thread: Question about ESR PS2 games

Thanks

Unhappy Question about ESR PS2 games

Hi everyone, recently i got a slim PS2 with FMCB 1.95 installed. I burned a couple of games (2x speed, IMGBurn, Verbatim 16x DVD-R) but some of them is not even launched properly. I saw on other community about ESR compatible list that said "Way of the Samurai 2" and "Rumble Roses" are confirmed to work with ESR but when I burned those into my dvd, it doesn't seem to work. Anyone know how to troubleshooting this kind of problem? Thank you in advance

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

+R DVD's are much higher quality media to burn on than -R (-R was only recommended back in the day because the original PS2 could not read them due to it being released before DVD+R's got released so did not support them, by the time the PS2 slim arrived they included DVD+R support)

I presume 2x is the slowest speed you can burn at, if not try a slower speed

also if your games have a different region to the list it may have an effect or even different to your console there may be a video out issue a bit hard to tell with the vague description of the issue

no idea if those games work though they are not on my compat list
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-August-2017 at 03:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I see, I'll try the Verbatim DVD+R version and see how it turns out. MY PS2 model number: SCPH-77001. Most of the ISOs are NTSC region and patched with ESR before burning into the discs. Burn speed: 2x slowest and other games run great.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Your Verbatim DVD media might just be cheap CMC or even worse. Brand doesn't mean much these days.
    If they're low quality discs then some may work on consoles but possibly many won't. The same discs will probably work fine as data discs on PC, or video discs for a DVD/BD player.

If you get Verbatim DVD+R the story could be the same.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I don't think it's made by CMC. Manufacturer ID MCC 03RG20

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

"Good" media is subjective. The true test is if it works when it should. It sounds like you're doing everything right, so it's most likely that your blanks aren't good for this purpose.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    "Good" media is subjective. The true test is if it works when it should. It sounds like you're doing everything right, so it's most likely that your blanks aren't good for this purpose.
    I think that's the case though. Maybe my dvd driver is old so it produces bad disc?

Update: I managed to burned "Way of Samurai 2" and it loads through the ESR screen but it stutters and I can hear noises everytime it reads that disc.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by limlian14 View Post
    Manufacturer ID MCC 03RG20
    If those are legit they should be ok. But there discs out there with that exact same ID that are fakes.

Spoiler warning: