Thread: PCSX2 on an iMac - trying to play PS2

Thanks

Default PCSX2 on an iMac - trying to play PS2

I have an iMac.
    I desire to play SOCOM 2.
    I KNOW there is a way to have a PS2 emulator on my mac, and then somehow be able to play all on my iMac with my PS4 controller, I am just unsure of the inner details.
    I have very little computer-gaming knowledge.
    Please refrain from telling me to purchase a PS2 and all that, thats not what this is about.

If there is ANYONE out there who can guide me...I have tried very hard on 3 several occasions, and ended up wasting many hours.
    I have gotten to the point of opening PCSX2, playing SOCOM but not being able to play online because no memory card was 'read' by the 'PS2' and no 'ethernet' connection.
    I am sure there are ways to bypass this.

I am awaiting my hero, as I have deleted all the files besides the SOCOM.iso to try start fresh with proper guidance. Thank you.

Amen. lol

Thanks
    EP Points

On a Mac I have no idea. But..

Netplay is a pain in the ass with pcsx2. You need a specific dev9 plugin plus the network disc to configure the memcard. There's no simple click to play online. Unless there are unofficial ps2 game servers (must be a couple up somewhere) you would need to use Tungle or Hamachi to connect to someone. Not to mention playing online will set all graphics and speedhacks to default meaning if you had to use these to get playable speeds well everything is going to slowdown. Also there are a lot of desync problems too

Best place to check are the official pcsx2 forums. There's some info there but doesn't seem like many people bother with this. Might be better off finding pc versions to play online. I'm not going to tell you to use a real ps2 - probably be even harder to set that up/find a server these days. Only one I know of actually was a fan server for FFXI and even that may be down now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I think there are unofficial servers for RE Outbreaks, or maybe just one of those games. At least there were anyway.
    But you needed to use the Japanese version of the game iirc.

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....-by-BradyGames

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

people are playing socom thru xlink or something, I'm not worried about that..im trying to set my self up to play!

Thanks
    EP Points

In your first post you said you were playing the game but online didn't work.
    Now you're saying you don't care about online.

I'm confused about what you want exactly

Edit:
    I think the only SOCOM game I've played on PS2 was Combined Assault. I never had the console connected to the internet and the sp stuff was still playable iirc.
    I'm assuming the other games in the series are the same, so if you see any network config prompt or whatever just quit it.
    https://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/SOC....S._Navy_SEALs
    ^ Wiki says sp missions are playable on Windows, but software mode is needed to deal with possible issues.

Memory card well I guess you just setup a card in PCSX2.

Bios is on the main site but I think you probably already have that.
    https://www.emuparadise.me/biosfiles/Ps2%20bios.zip
    Last edited by deadlegion; 16th-August-2017 at 04:25.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lordswagger View Post
    people are playing socom thru xlink or something, I'm not worried about that..im trying to set my self up to play!
    I don't think anywhere here has ever done it. Sorry. Here's the link to the community that's doing it. Seems like they have a rather comprehensive tutorial on it. I personally think it's way to much of a hassle.

http://therealsocom.com/community/th...-2-guide.6049/

Thanks
    EP Points

Says in that guide
    note the Mac OSX version does not allow for PS2 play

Spoiler warning: