Thread: Dolphin Emu|Soul Calibur 2|Background clipping

Thanks

Unhappy Dolphin Emu|Soul Calibur 2|Background clipping

Before I state my problem here is emu and hardware.
    Emulator: Dolphin ver. 5.0-1331
    Hardware: Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop with a i7 core and IntelHd graphics card.

The Problem: So, this had happened with a previous computer of mine so I don't think my specs make much a difference but this is bugging me quiet a bit. I start up Dolphin, load up Soul Calibur 2 and then play. Everything is normal except for one thing which seems to be a graphical problem, some background elements clip through everything. By clip I mean some textures in the background (For example the turning part of the windmill on the Village of wind stage) will show on top of everything, literally. It will cover other parts of the background, foreground, solid parts of the stage and even the character models. This glitch also applies to the green mountain backdrop of the stage Imperial Capital Ayutthaya. I'm wondering if this bug is known to exist in other peoples games and if there is a way to fix this. I'd love to know so I can play some of these stages without worry of not being able to see anything.

Screenshots: http://puu.sh/xao8j.jpg http://puu.sh/xao9Q.jpg
    Aylam0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Wiki doesn't mention any issues besides transitions missing, but then test rigs mentioned have proper graphics cards.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Consider trying the PS2 version. You should be able to run it on an i7 and it may not have the same graphic issues.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

True but I do enjoy the Gamecube version more for the special character. c:
    Aylam0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Try looking at alt builds of Dolphin that can compensate for your integrated GPU.

If you still can't sort it out and are dead keen on NGC versions of games then get a cheap Wii console and softmod it.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wonder if a site like the psxdatacenter exists for Dolphin configurations.

The most likely issue here is the graphic configuration, so have a look there. It's best to go slow and careful, change one setting at a time and see if that fixes it. It can take a long time and be quite tedious. But I had a similar issue on an APU computer and one obscure graphic setting fixed it.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

I found a fix to this a couple days ago, I suppose this was due to the gpu. I went into Graphics>Hacks>Other>FastDepthCalculation and turned it on (This was for a different game where'd I'd been missing entire textures) and it fixed everything. The only problem is that occasionally when first loading up a level it will slow down a bit, but after that it's completely smooth. c:
    Aylam0