Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any guilty pleasure games?

Thanks

Castlevania 2 and Zelda 2 (on NES) fit comfortably in that for me... I'm one of those weirdos that actually liked those games - though I could probably make a much longer list if I actually sat and thought about it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty much all of the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series. A lot of people thought the series got stale over time but I still love playing them every once in a while.
    I'm winding up my jack-in-the-box, but the only thing popping out is nuclear warfare.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mine would have to be Castlevania SotN. Whenever I can't figure out anything else to play that's my go to game. All modes too. I'm a big fan of the luck code and how it makes the game harder. I don't do the glitch to keep Alucard's equipment to keep some challenge. Overall the game is easy but that adds a little challenge to it at least until you get to the jewel knuckles.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

HuniePop is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzcln View Post
    Mine would have to be Castlevania SotN. Whenever I can't figure out anything else to play that's my go to game. All modes too. I'm a big fan of the luck code and how it makes the game harder. I don't do the glitch to keep Alucard's equipment to keep some challenge. Overall the game is easy but that adds a little challenge to it at least until you get to the jewel knuckles.
    That game rules. Try using the Jewel Knuckles to farm the Iron ball for xp. Come from the right, crouch, hold your attack button.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    especially hate it when you say it's better than New Vegas.
    I really can't fathom anybody saying that New Vegas is better than anything. I can't play it for more than a minute or two at a time.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by WaterPocket View Post
    Probably Castlevania for the N64. I know there are some people out there that like the game, I really enjoy it. One of the most atmospheric games on the N64, IMO. It's a shame that it can't be emulated without issue though.
    Hah, I just downloaded that game yesterday, dude (*cough totally own it though what's up*); soon as that violin starts playing... slam down the necronomicon... ahhh scary freakin game. I didn't understand when I first played it, just how far-out it was for a game to make me feel that creeeeeped out... it really is a rarity; even Silent Hill can get a little 'oh shut up with the scary stuff I'm only here for the Katana', etc.

Castlevania 64- who the hell takes some of those nerve-clenching arcade-semblant feats of action/adventure button-sequencing, for granted? Straight from the get-go you're jumpin vertically down a cliff-face with the camera flipping 180`degrees a second!

~~I guess my guilty pleasure would be emulating all these SNES, Genesis, even PSX-era games, in general; I'm on public, campus computers or at the public library, usually... I can't even stress how lame it is, though, not being able to play the games I REALLY want to play, just because I feel like thinking someone is watching or could see me getting choked up, would completely compromise my appreciation for those sentiments.
    At this point, it feels like half my life is on hang-up until I can actually get the cartridges/consoles, like I used to. That said, probly next time I have my own laptop I'm getting all my old games back, and grinnin' like a pigeon the whole dang time through em ALL, again~!
    Currently playing:
    ~~ Pokemon Emerald on VBA ~~ Star Ocean on ZSNES ~~ Tales of Phantasia on ZSNES ~~ Star Ocean: The Second Story on ePSXe ~~ Breath of Fire III on ePSXe

Thanks

Bust-a-move 2 Arcade Edition on PS1 and maybe Tomba (love that game...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Rodea The Sky Soldier for Wii. I know the game is not very good, but there's something about it that I really like. Maybe the feeling of flying and the blue sky...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just remembered another one, Sonic R. Crappy game but can't get enough of it sometimes

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sabrina The Animated Series: Zapped! Because nostalgia.
    Holy dapperdoodles! You found me!
    The Danielle Otaka Show and other goodies: http://www.twitch.tv./danielleotaka

Thanks
    EP Points

Zelda 2 is another game I really enjoy. I don't see it as a bad game though.

Thanks

Sometimes my low self-esteem brings me to Final Fantasy X-2 cause the dresspheres are fun.

rip my trash taste

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mousyy View Post
    Sometimes my low self-esteem brings me to Final Fantasy X-2 cause the dresspheres are fun.

rip my trash taste
    I like X-2 as well. But, I absolutely love X. I also absolutely adore this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4ETTcIcQk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pringr0 View Post
    I like X-2 as well. But, I absolutely love X. I also absolutely adore this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4ETTcIcQk
    I love the orchestra version of that song

Thanks

Jump Ultimate Stars in 3DS. Should've made this a fighting game but they didn't grab the chance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe I'm unusual because I'm not guilty about the things I enjoy.

I'd say the one game I have been shamed about enjoying is Star Wars: Episode I - Racer, mostly the version on PC - I've never picked up the N64 version, and while I'd say that the GBC version is better than a lot of licensed games in terms of fidelity to concept... this does not mean it's a "good" game. I don't enjoy most racing games. Need For Speed, etc, leave me cold; and while I want to like F-Zero, the only games in that series I've even been able to make progress in (let alone enjoy) are the original and the GBA games. I don't know what it is, but something about it being one of the first polygonal-3d games I played and the feeling of it makes me really enjoy the experience. The settings, the characters, the gameplay, it all just works for me and I really enjoy it; regardless of what anyone can say about Episode 1 and the Prequels as a whole.

Otherwise, two games I'm unashamed to admit I enjoy are the "off-beat" Yu-Gi-Oh games on GBA - Dungeon Dice Monsters and Destiny Board Traveler. DDM is a very different take on YGO and DBT is a fun "party game"/"board game" take on the concept. Like the original manga, I prefer when Yu-Gi-Oh is more about "games" in general than Duel Monsters.