I'm having a super weird issue. Basically I bought some Verbatim AZO DVD-Rs (checked with ImgBurn and they are manufactured by MCC so they are good) and for some reason with my v12 Slim unless I burn them at 16x they do not work with ESR (well, one did eventually boot after like 10-15 minutes but it just sat on the game's loading screen forever).

I put them in the console and they almost immediately boot up to the ESR logo but then it just goes black and the laser makes a bit of a clicking noise and moves around and then just stops trying and the game never loads, yet the exact same disc loads totally fine in PCSX2 on my PC. If I burn the exact same image at 16x on another one of the same discs, it works flawlessly. The thing is, I have a whole spindle of some random Verbatim DVD+Rs with the white printable top on them and if I burn them at 4x or 8x they load fine but I've had some games stutter on them so I don't want to use them.

Now, this doesn't really matter if 16x always works fine for me but I know it's advised to burn them slower, so I kind of would like to know why this is happening. I have two other laser setups here, one of which is the same model as the one in the console and the other which is a slightly different model but still compatible and both do the exact same thing so it's either the discs or my burner (desktop TSSTcorp burner, like 2 years old and barely ever used).

Anyone have similar issues or know what might be causing this?