Thread: Do 2D games still have a future?

Thanks

Default Do 2D games still have a future?

for games where 2D would work, there's something about 3D that seems to communicate higher quality (certainly higher cost to build it) to a general audience. So my point is, there are 2d games worth paying and playing even now, do not fret!

Thanks

2D games are huge right now because of platforms like Steam. If anything I think they are being overplayed / overkilled - things like "The Escapists" and the million other trying-so-hard-to-look-retro games. Blech. Obviously somebody is buying them but there's something about them that just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because of how many there are... and 8-bit never had that many colors lol

Thanks
    EP Points

By your post, I can't tell if you're asking a question or telling us something.

2D games will never go away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to glitch- For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Videogames born in 2D, so they are an important part of them, their souls...

My Blog:http://retroorama.blogspot.com (In spanish)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

One of most amazing "2d" , well kinda 2d .games of late i have played. Get it for free from GOG for limmited time
    https://www.gog.com/game/deadlight_directors_cut

9hours left i think on free timer
    Full List of my uploads here (Fixed link ) Only members can access blog.

Quote Ragnar:
    Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Do NOT decrypt and or repost my links anywhere!
    All my uploads are on MEGA
    DLC IS NOT GAME! DLC is to be used with Jdownloader to Download GAME!
    paypal.me/IceLancer

Thanks

Don't know where the illusion that 3d is higher quality or higher cost comes from... (and I've never heard of that illusion being present in the market either... ) - yes, this used to be true in the early 3d days (up into early 6th Generation systems [PS2/Xbox/GameCube/etc.]) because it was seen as a 'premium' feature, a selling point if you will, but hasn't been true for quite a long time - it's been over a decade since "now in 3D!" or "with 3D graphics!" was used as a key feature selling point.

The reality is, art assets of a certain level do just fine conveying their levels of quality (BlazBlue vs Dragonball Xenoverse - if you want a similar quality comparison). The only area where the 3d vs 2d perception of quality really actually hits is in mid-quality titles (3d for these titles is immensely cheaper than 2d on a cost per asset level)

Thanks

Yup, they sure do! If Capcom stopped ignoring Mega Man and made another one that was good, it would be an instant hit and might be one of the more popular titles of the year. 2D action platformers are still huge, and they are hear to stay as long as we have people demanding more games like Mega Man and old school Metroid.