Thread: psp 3006

Thanks

Default psp 3006

i download a game on my memory card how can it work on my psp 3006?pls, help me..newbie here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Your PSP needs to have custom firmware.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Custom firmware is very easy to install best to manually update to 6.60 first (not 6.61 but if you did you should still be able to downgrade using custom software)

Once on 6.60 you just need the CFW (Custom Firmware) install package on the memstick and run it, that's how easy it is

If you already have CFW then all you do for PSP games is copy the ISO image file into the iso folder that should be on the root of the memstick

homebrew and PSX games go into root://psp/game/name of game/eboot and other support files

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Custom firmware is very easy to install best to manually update to 6.60 first (not 6.61 but if you did you should still be able to downgrade using custom software)
    The PSP was great in it's day. Still is. There's just so many better portable consoles out today. And ones that are (depending on tastes) much better than the Vita or 3DS.

One thing that bugs me to this day about the PSP, is that blank spot on the right side of the lower front. That spot that looks like "so where the fuck is the second analog stick?!". Where that second analog nub was at, was being withheld from the consumer by Sony, so when the PSP 2/Vita got released, it would be an additional "new feature!". I've been pretty much convinced of this since I first found out that it wouldn't have one, and I didn't buy one until the first exploit made news. They apparently were planning the same with the Vita, by withholding triggers. I'm not an engineer, but I can totally see where triggers could fit, and how it coulda easily worked without much effort or additional cost. The PSP though... usually playing 3D games on it is awkward to me. It was great for 2D stuff, which is mostly what I play/ed on it anyways.

Ninty is even worse with that kinda stuff. "Hey let's build a GBA so we can re-release the SNES catalog, but don't put enough buttons on there. We wouldn't wanna screw ourselves over. We only do that to our customers.". I'm usually a big fan of what both of those companies develop. But I feel like they each screwed up a perfect opportunity for true GREATNESS.

There's a hardmod to add a second analog stick to the PSP. It's a really old mod, but I won't be satisfied til I pull it off, along with blue LEDs lighting up the dpad, face buttons, and bumpers when pressed. Also one more softmod, which I just might make a point to conquer soon: installing and running my plugins from flash0. It was really easy to do on the phatty. There were apps for that single purpose. I have a tutorial for the 2000, so...

Anyways, afa the hard modding, I'm still in need of the tools, motivation, and nerve! The last two times I cracked open PSPs for modding purposes, it's been scary. It's like the engineers had to play a perfect game of Tetris, to fit all that hardware into that space. Very well done on both accounts, especially the PSP 2000 and the GBA SP.

nle;fi