Thread: Using download manager to d/l games from main site

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Using download manager to d/l games from main site

Hi Ho.

I tried downloading a PSP game (Hakuoki) from the EP main site using a download manager (jdownloader), but the files linked from the file link (the one that starts the download when clicked) are just some pictures. AFAIK using a download manager did work at a time. Now it does not seem to work any more. How can I still download games from the main site using a download manager? The usual links from the forums (e.g., Mega) still work in jdownloader as usual.

Whenever I download large files (>300 MB), I like to use jdownloader to limit the download speed and allow for simultaneous online gaming. Plus, I usually do not have to care about putting the PC to sleep with a half-finished download.

Edit: Nevermind. I found out how to do it: start the download using the browser and cancel it, then copy the link from the downloads overview of the browser to the download manager. At least that is how to do it with Chrome.

see ya
    Tosnic
    Last edited by Tosnic; 30th-July-2017 at 07:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

hello, i had this same frustrating problem too before i figured out the solution. it's a little unusual but in this sites case, you don't copy/paste the download link for the file in question:

https://www.emuparadise.me/roms/get-...available=true

but rather, you copy/paste the address of the page with said download link: https://www.emuparadise.me/PSP_ISOs/...58776-download

that link should give you the desired results. never did figure out why it works that way for EP.

Thanks
    EP Points

Acutally, doing that provides me with a load of files (as does the clickable download link), but no game file. At least in jdownloader.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    hello, i had this same frustrating problem too before i figured out the solution. it's a little unusual but in this sites case, you don't copy/paste the download link for the file in question:

https://www.emuparadise.me/roms/get-...available=true

but rather, you copy/paste the address of the page with said download link: https://www.emuparadise.me/PSP_ISOs/...58776-download

that link should give you the desired results. never did figure out why it works that way for EP.
    It works that way becuase JDownloader has support for emuparadise and known how to grab the files from the site.

Also the file in question works for me with Jdownloader 2 beta @Tosnic
    Love knows no bounds.

As a cryptography and computer security expert, I have never understood the current fuss about the open source software movement. In the cryptography world, we consider open source necessary for good security; we have for decades. Public security is always more secure than proprietary security. It's true for cryptographic algorithms, security protocols, and security source code. For us, open source isn't just a business model; it's smart engineering practice.
    Bruce Schneier, Crypto-Gram 1999/09/15