Thread: Mobile Train Simulator - Keisei - Toei Asakusa - Keikyuusen FMV Issue

Thanks

Default Mobile Train Simulator - Keisei - Toei Asakusa - Keikyuusen FMV Issue

well dl'd it from the main site & some sites that have it & it's always the same issue. the fmvs just stuttering & sometimes just black screen though the still plays. never had problems w/ the mts + Densha de Go variant of it tho. im playing on og hardware. & cfws updated to play dissidia012. forgot the version tho. just asking if someone had the same issue & is it really like that I'm not playing it in og umd. sorry for my English. thanks in advance
    & yeah tested it in other cfw & still no luck
    oh man forgot to tell it's on teh psp
    Last edited by ac1dsn4k3; 20th-July-2017 at 19:03. Reason: cfw & psp

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I guess you could try overclocking your PSP? Not sure if that will help though. I wouldn't recommend keeping it overclocked permanently but maybe I'm being unreasonably paranoid

Most PSP consoles also have extra ram that can be enabled (original 1000 doesn't have the extra ram. E1000 aka Street does though), again I don't know if it would make any difference.
    I only know of one PSP game myself that extra ram does make a difference and that's the various Elder Scrolls Travels Oblivion Betas that are available (and the hacks).

By the way, exactly what CFW are you using?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-July-2017 at 02:46.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

don't wanna fiddle around overclocking it. it's 6.60 pro c, a 2000 slim model. really want to play it coz the PS2 version is dvd9. thanks anyways man

oh yeah btw this is off topic. I've reported some dead ps1 games. is it really a waiting game now?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-July-2017 at 04:40. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

If you're using PRO CFW make sure you've installed 6.60 PRO-C fix3. Other PRO-C versions are old including C2 (has broken PSOne Classics support).
    You can also use 6.60 LME 2.3.

Any CFW based on 6.61 firmware isn't really necessary, no games require it (not even the few last releases). It was the last update but just for store functions iirc.

Edit:
    As for any dead game in the forums, you can always request something that isn't available via the relevant request thread.
    PSX requests are here:
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....hread-PSX-Only
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-July-2017 at 05:02.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Overclocking is fine, just make sure you never under clock as that will cause startup issues and make sure you set that back to default after, the option to overclock is not some special hidden feature, it is there on the menu you see if you hold Select I think it was on the PSP, very easy to change and should even have a defaut setting so you don't get lost as to what speed is default

The clock speed or firmware/Custom firmware may not even be the issue

It could just be a slow memstick

Or just that an image is in cso format instead of iso format (cso is a compressed format so a smaller file but on the same note that it takes a bit longer to stream data from a compressed file, FMV's would see the biggest hit) plenty of UMD tools to extract/compress though if you want me to dig those out for you so you can convert a cso back into an iso
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-July-2017 at 08:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Completely forgot about the cso issues as I never use games like that

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Plenty will be fine from cso this will have more effect for those using slower media to store there games on so will only effect a few games not all of them

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

thanks for the responses guys.
    will try that hold select trick when I get home
    yeah it's maybe teh memstick coz its really shady back here when it comes to knock off gizmos
    I think it's about 1.5gb of a game so it's not a cso file

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

a lot of us now use a MS Pro Duo Dual Micro SDHC adaptors with 1 to 2 Micro SD's in it that works out cheaper than a Sony MS Pro Memstick and you have have a lot more space to add your games

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]