Thread: Controller Problems on Dolphin Emulator

Thanks

Default Controller Problems on Dolphin Emulator

I recently downloaded 5.0 vers of Dolphin Emulator for something to work. My controller worked fine on the old version of Dolphin, and it works fine for everything else. For some reason, and this includes my keyboard and mouse, not just my controller, when I try to use it in game or even remap buttons, it just plain doesnt work. At the very least the keyboard responds to me wanting to remap buttons, but it does nothing in game. When I try to remap controller buttons by right clicking on something and then pressing a button, it doesnt even give me the option to change, it just stays the same. I took a video of me trying to remap the buttons to show what im talking about.
    Oddly enough, for whatever reason, things like to speed up the emulation with what I have it bound to as the tab key work perfectly fine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWOeZwno8pA&feature=youtu.be
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    EP Points

Running as Administrator if you're not already, depending on what version of windows can affect what you save. For the first part of the problem. Maybe the config is to read only for example.

Also could be bad updated and or crossed files that's fucking shit up. I would completely uninstall including registry keys etc. Use a utility program if you have to to fully uninstall and then reinstall with the latest version of dolphin.

Or just unplug and plug your controller back in might work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks. I completely deleted Dolphin and redownloaded it, I thought it might also be some sort of file confliction too but I didn't want to go through the trouble of deleting and redownloading if it was just something small. Controller works fine now, the only slightly annoying thing is I have to remember how I got XC to pop up on Dolphin instead of having to navigate through files to open it.