Thread: Looking for arcade emu that can be controlled comepletely by gamepad

Thanks

Question Looking for arcade emu that can be controlled comepletely by gamepad

Hi guys,
    I want to do a small funny installation at a party.
    But I'm not sure about the Emu I should take.

I'm looking for a Emu that runs in fullscreen some arcade games (like Pong, Snake and maybe some other 2 Player arcade games).
    Important is: The games have to be black and white or the emu has the possibility to set it to b/w.
    Because the games will become projected with a strong projector on dark surface.
    Much more important ist the fact that the player only should controll the emu by the gamepads (a the moment we have to USB NES gamepads; DPad, Start, Select, A and B).
    That means the games and the menu to choose another game.
    I dont want that they can close the emu, because when it runs I will be complicated for me to get acess to the Computer und restart the emu.
    This is not so much important becaus I think it is possible to setup the OS that it restart the Emu automatically
    The Emu should run with Win10 (Compute Stick m3).
    Raspberry is also possible but I definitely prefer Win.

There something out there?
    Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Any emulator you like you can always use joy2keys to convert joypad presses into keyboard presses (would still come in handy to return to a game select screen)

something like MAME would run just fine like that or even retroarch that is pad controlled anyway

if you are playing very old retro games anyway they are b/w to start with

emulators designed for the Pi will almost always have controller options of controlling including getting out of a game though you are very limited using NES clones

I use PSX or higher pads mostly for my emulation needs

I also use my Playstation TV (It's basically a Vita for your TV), Original Xbox & Wii for emulating via a TV, no keyboard required as they are consoles, I do own a Pi but never got round to doing anything with it yet

Majority of consoles can have emulators from the Dreamcast up over though PS2 has more limits than the Dreamcast mostly because of the huge DC homebrew scene the Wii and Xbox has/had a bigger homebrew scene than the PS2 had

P.S. Pong may be a difficult game to get emulated correctly so you may be better off with a later none arcade clone of it or go PC and use DICE to emulate it that does emulate the Pong system correctly

http://adamulation.blogspot.co.uk/

DICE (Discrete Integrated Circuit Emulator) is the only emulator to accurately emulate Discrete Integrated Circuit games from that time

going PC anything can be controlled from a pad using joy2keys or similar program
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-July-2017 at 08:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR