Mostly care about neogeo. I have a romset of neogeo but some of the games don't work, some games do and most if not all roms work fine on neorage. Mostly the one's I am interested in like some metal slug games and such, go figure. I have downloaded the individual rom and worked perfect still have a few games not working and stated working on the capability list. I sware I have a rom from long time ago and neorage played it fine then but doesn't run at all on retropi emulators. It just loads then backs out back to the game list again.
I don't have room at the moment for mame but I am planning on expanding the memory. I have seen the number of games for mame and scares me even for PC(and you soppost to find the right romset version for each emulator.). There has to be a romset of working mame games for the retropi out there.

I read a comment on youtube a guy used a program called Clrmamepro to update the game file for neogeo. Is that what I have to do? Will this require me to patch the games one by one, I hope there is a way to patch a bunch of roms if not all at once.