Thread: Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero on a Super UFO Pro 8?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero on a Super UFO Pro 8?

Can't get the rom to work on my flashcart. Any help or reason for this ROM not working on the flashcart?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

You mean this new release?
    http://kotaku.com/a-super-famicom-ga...017-1795157287

Many reasons such a game wouldn't work. Copy protection that would stop a UFO existed back in the day (the Pro 8 is running software from the 90's basically, try a clean copy of Earthbound or whatever), and a current release would likely include new protections that block current devices like an Everdrive or SD2SNES.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    You mean this new release?
    http://kotaku.com/a-super-famicom-ga...017-1795157287

Many reasons such a game wouldn't work. Copy protection that would stop a UFO existed back in the day (the Pro 8 is running software from the 90's basically, try a clean copy of Earthbound or whatever), and a current release would likely include new protections that block current devices like an Everdrive or SD2SNES.
    No, I am using an existing ROM off the internet, honestly. I also tried the ROM from Smokemonster's ROM pack.

Thanks
    EP Points

An old BS rom might have some odd requirements, but I'm sure I got a few of them running on my old Game Doctors and such, so it should be possible. I'd suggest taking one of the roms you have and converting it with Ucon 64. Maybe Pro Fighter format? I forget what formats UFO's used. Just guess and test random SNES options
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks so much, how do I convert the rom to that format?

An old BS rom might have some odd requirements, but I'm sure I got a few of them running on my old Game Doctors and such, so it should be possible. I'd suggest taking one of the roms you have and converting it with Ucon 64. Maybe Pro Fighter format? I forget what formats UFO's used. Just guess and test random SNES options

Thanks
    EP Points

That depends entirely on the Ucon 64 you find. Its base version is DOS and requires knowledge of how to enter DOS commands. There are GUI versions though, but you'll have to Google them.

Thanks
    EP Points

That depends entirely on the Ucon 64 you find. Its base version is DOS and requires knowledge of how to enter DOS commands. There are GUI versions though, but you'll have to Google them.
    Okay so after a 2 hour goose chase I finally managed to get this program called UF-Fox which apparently is some kind of GUI for Ucon64 to convert the rom from a .sfc file to a .ufo file, but it still doesn't run on the damn thing!

Now that I think about it ... how come all the other .sfc rom files work just fine but this one wouldnt?

Maybe i somehow converted it wrong...
    Last edited by PersianImm0rtal; 5th-July-2017 at 05:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImm0rtal View Post
    Now that I think about it ... how come all the other .sfc rom files work just fine but this one wouldnt?
    extension =/= format

There's a bunch details inside a rom file that are specific to copier formats, and no format is really standard.

It's also possible this game simply doesn't work with the Super UFO Pro 8...

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImm0rtal View Post
    Maybe i somehow converted it wrong...
    I wouldn't say wrong, just not what you need? It's kinda impossible to figure out what you need, you just need to try things till you find what works. Maybe try an interleaved format, I see there's an option for that which seems relevant to UFOs.

Thanks
    EP Points

extension =/= format

There's a bunch details inside a rom file that are specific to copier formats, and no format is really standard.

It's also possible this game simply doesn't work with the Super UFO Pro 8...

I wouldn't say wrong, just not what you need? It's kinda impossible to figure out what you need, you just need to try things till you find what works. Maybe try an interleaved format, I see there's an option for that which seems relevant to UFOs.
    I don't see that option on there. Do you mean Override auto detection?