Thread: Resident Evil 2 and 3 Graphics Issues

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 2 and 3 Graphics Issues

When playing through Resident Evil 2 and just now starting Resident Evil 3 on ePSXe using Pete's OpenGL GPU Core 2.0.0 plugin, I notice that at any time the screen shakes all character models flicker.

Example: When the screen shakes in Resident Evil 2 and you hear the roar of William Birkin, Leon will look up at the ceiling but his character model will keep flickering or disappearing/reappearing every second. This also happens in the fight with the alligator in the sewers. Every time the giant gator takes a step, every model on the screen (including the alligator itself) will flicker.

This happens again in the first 5 seconds of Resident Evil 3. When the wall explodes having Jill fly out at the very beginning, she is completely invisible (as are the zombies around her) until the animation completes. Normally, you're supposed to see her character model fly through the air and there is supposed to be fire around her, but it's completely invisible.

Switching to the ePSXe GPU Core 2.0.0 plugin fixes this problem, but I lose the increased options in the graphics department that the other plugin provides. Below is the picture of the settings I use with the Pete plugin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMUPARADISE.png 
Views:	1010 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	52793

I have already tried switching everything to the lowest or the "default". I have played with the options over and over turning 1 thing off, then another, then another, etc. and nothing seemed to work.

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks

Hi there I had it happen before too and I am using these settings now with no issue's at all

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.png 
Views:	699 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	52846

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

render mode 2

textures 2

Compatibility

If you want recommended settings per game you can check out http://psxdatacenter.com a partner site ran by gladiator

I recommend you bookmark that site as there is no one setup that works with everything

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR