Thread: Spider-Man 2002 and Smackdown Shut Your Mouth problems

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Spider-Man 2002 and Smackdown Shut Your Mouth problems

I am running both on PCSX2 version 1.4.0 and I need some help. With the Spider-Man game (based on the 2002 movie, which is why I just titled it Spider Man 2002) whenever cutscenes play, the right side of the screen is incredibly stretched whenever I have it set to custom resolution (1920x1080) but the weird thing is, if I just go into the graphics settings on PCSX2 they fix themselves, but I'm wondering why this happens if I don't do that? Now for Shut Your Mouth, everything runs perfectly except for the finisher bars, those are stuck and won't show that they are increasing, when in fact, they are. Are there any fixes for these problems?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to voorhees_13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

What speed hacks do you have on?

These are pretty tricky issues tbh. Although I can't claim to have tested these out. Spiderman (2 actually) is probably one of the best games I've ever played that era. But for Spidey since you're using a custom res anyhow find out what the original res was, 1080p may not be a multiple of it. Run at 3x native instead of custom (or enter the numbers for custom) if it was something weird like 300p try 1600x900 (just an example) entering the graphics menu and having it solve itself may be a cache or mem reset of some kind which affects the ps2 system/emulator, just a guess though on that point since you asked.

For WWE it sounds like a simple texture overlay which can be disrupted be certain speed hacks especially the sliders. Switch off the mtvu hack could be an option, generally it's one of the best ones to have on but a very few games don't like it (Timesplitters 2 comes to mind) which I why I asked about hacks first although the speedup can be large sometimes they can also cause weird graphic glitches from time to time. Think you can disable fmvs altogether too if you were so inclined. It's always dependent on which game unfortunately.

Like I said though I haven't played these myself on an emulator. Might be wise to google a compat list too to see how well these can be emulated in the first place.

Also spiderman on Dolphin may be a better experience.

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's all the speedhacks I currently have on: https://gyazo.com/db04c1facc186deb0f171f82e2452847

Note I have tried these with speedhacks off also, no dice.

Also, with Spidey, native up to 8x Native works perfectly with the cutscenes, it's just custom 1920x1080 that fucks it up. Which is confusing to me because isn't 8x native something ridiculous like 2000x2000 or around that nature?

Thanks
    EP Points

Without knowing what the internal res of spiderman is I couldn't say. 1920x1080 probably just isn't a multiple. What's the game just at native? That'll tell ya. When going 2x etc it just multiplies it. Basically.

Not to mention the fmvs could be rendered at an entirely different resolution

Maybe I'll give it a dl and have a looky. Of course my pc could never run it at 8x

Thanks
    EP Points

Also, another WWE game that gives me immense problems is Here Comes The Pain. The game works immaculate except on ONE loading screen, the one right before the match that shows the PS2 controls. It happens on any resolution and with speedhacks on and off. I don't know what it is but WWE games either work perfectly or have problems that take forever to fix, and I just don't know why! If anyone finds a fix for this, please let me know because it's the most annoying thing to have your screen flicker like a damn rave lightshow. I'm using the USA version but I'll download the Europe version and see if it still happens with that one.
    Last edited by voorhees_13; 1st-July-2017 at 22:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

Tried the Europe and USA versions of Here Comes The Pain, no dice. I tried every speedhack setting, every hardware hack setting, I have no damn clue why it flickers on literally one loading screen but it's so grating to look at and hurts my eyes