Thread: Looking for powerful flexible system to run next-gen emulation

Thanks

Default Looking for powerful flexible system to run next-gen emulation

Since i'm on the road a lot, i am looking for a windows tablet or even small laptop, 10-12" max, with good cpu/gpu ram that will run the latest emus available. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 seems like a good solution but runs highly at 900E. IS there something cheaper or better at that price?

When i say next gen i mean PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii and whatever else may come up on the scene, i need to be able to play it, and have updated hardware that keeps up with upcoming releases.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ehhhh, it's tricky when looking for a portable device for high end emulation.

Especially when talking big 3D rendered games like first person shooters and huge overworld rpg's.

That Surface pro would go a long way with a decent model. I personally would be worried about over heating than anything else.

Don't be surprised and do a double take when running something like FFXII or Gran Turismo 4 or Twilight Princess stutters or slows down from time to time though.

But then you also have the option of running pc games too I guess. To put it in perspective running the remaster of Resident Evil 4 for pc and emulating the ps2 version would be about the same requirements.

As for anything else that may come like ps3 emulation etc - not a chance. Although there are a lot of ports of ps3/360 era games on pc that would run fine.