Thread: Surgical Strike 32X CD pre-orders?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Surgical Strike 32X CD pre-orders?

Does this look real to you guys? If so, please tell me someone with a working Sega CD is ordering one to test and dump
    http://www.vgdb.com.br/i/pre-order-p...-para-32x.html
    Last edited by 10go; 15th-June-2017 at 07:07.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 10go For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You would not even need a Sega CD and 32X for this Kega Fusion supports Sega CD-32x games

The game itself is real, though that is not to say that what they have is real though

https://www.gamefaqs.com/sega32x/614974-surgical-strike

Brazilian only release hence why it would be rare

I would guess it would take no time for an iso to pop up
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-June-2017 at 12:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

The game is out now and the site includes a direct link to an ISO as well as BIN/CUE release (see first post for link).

I can't get the game to run in Fusion, however. I can run other CD 32X games in Fusion, just not this one (ISO nor CUE). Fusion does see the images as a "SegaCD/32X" game though (see Fusion's Window's status bar text on top of window) after its BIOS screen is done. Faulty release? Can anyone get this one working?

p.s. Just for clarification: I'm just testing the ISO / BIN/CUE on the website - I haven't bought the disc they're selling.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-August-2017 at 02:51.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 10go For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been trying to get it to run in Fusion also.Just a black screen for me.I tried Gens and it comes up,and says power off and attach 32x.Anyone else try?Thanks.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fusion is the only SEGA CD-32X emulator there is (Gens support CD or 32X but not CD-32X) it just does not work, not much you can do about that :/ The Fusion team would need to update there emulator I guess

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Update for you Zorlon...Grab Retroarch here,and update Picodrive.It works flawless...

http://www.retroarch.com/index.php?page=platforms

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surgeman For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by surgeman View Post
    Update for you Zorlon...Grab Retroarch here,and update Picodrive.It works flawless...

http://www.retroarch.com/index.php?page=platforms
    Thanks for that, had no idea they added Sega CD-32X to it, still can't find info on it but it does indeed work fine from what I tested that is very little

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Wow, thanks for the heads up on this. I remember when i bought the regular SEGA CD version of Surgical Strike back in the day, there was a mail in offer included for the 32X version, to be released at a later date. If I am not mistaken I think it was free, or maybe just a small fee... Of course later when it did not happen I was mailed info that we were out of luck. Great all these many years later to be able to get an ISO up and running in emulation. It's been a loooooong wait!

Thanks
    EP Points

I can confirm that PicoDrive 1.91 core for RetroArch plays the game in 32X mode using Sega CD BIOS files. EDIT: If you get slow video, try the GDI video driver ([gears]\Driver\Video Driver\gdi). If you get hiccups every few seconds with the GDI driver, try playing in windowed mode instead of full screen.

Methods: Use "Online Updater \ Core Updater" to "update"/install "Sega MS/MD/CD/32X (PicoDrive)" core. Rename relevant Sega CD BIOS files to "bios_CD_E.bin", "bios_CD_J.bin", "bios_CD_U.bin" and place in the "...\RetroArch\System" folder. Load the core using "Load Core", load the .CUE or .ISO file (both work) using "Load Content".

p.s. Genesis Plus GX v1.7.4 RetroArch core displays "POWER DOWN AND CONNECT THE 32X"
    Last edited by 10go; 20th-October-2017 at 02:31. Reason: solved