Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Games got taken out? (LINKS TO OTHER SITES ARE FORBIDDEN!)

Thanks
    EP Points

I actually found a pattern with the PS2 removals - all of the games mentioned in this list correlate to the PS2 classics on the PS4 store as shown here.
    too lazy for a complex signature, but whatever

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Solarstrike View Post
    I actually found a pattern with the PS2 removals - all of the games mentioned in this list correlate to the PS2 classics on the PS4 store as shown here.
    I didn't check your lists but that would make sense. It's pretty much the same reason why Nintendo have been taking stuff down.
    U KEEP BUYING OUR OLD GAEMS NAO

Wikipedia only lists 63 PS2 Classics for PS4, some aren't available yet.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._PlayStation_4
    Last edited by deadlegion; 25th-July-2017 at 07:29.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

i think i just found out why sega was going around nuking games off the internet when nintendo was doing that as well.

Sega Mega Drive Classic":http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1417...s-classic-mini

i guess sega wants a piece of the emulation profits now too.

now we just need to wait and see if sony and microsoft are planning to do this too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hell I'd get one just to stick it to Nintendo.

Wireless gamepads too.

Thanks
    EP Points

o.O well, it's not quite what i had in mind but "this":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNPlDRgdZs works too.

let's see...

Games taken down:

Alex Kidd
    Alien Storm
    Altered Beast
    Bonanza Bros.
    Columns
    Comix Zone ( wtf?!)
    Decap Attack
    E-Swat
    Fatal Labyrinth
    Flicky
    Golden Axe
    Golden Axe II (the beta survive the wipe)
    Golden Axe III
    Kid Chameleon
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (the beta remains)
    Phantasy Star
    Phantasy Star II (the brazil version remains)
    Phantasy Star III
    Phantasy Star IV
    Ristar
    Shadow Dancer
    Shinobi III
    the entire Sonic the Hedgehog franchise save for betas and romhacks/translations
    The Ooze
    Vectorman Vectorman 2

not taken down (these are likely those with a USA/JAP or USE/EU):

Arrow Flash (USA/EUROPE)
    Chakan (USA/EUROPE)
    Columns III (seems they actually spared some USA games. )
    Crackdown (USA/EUROPE)
    Eternal Champions
    Gain Ground (world)
    Jewel Master World
    Mortal Kombat
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Mortal Kombat 3
    Sword of Vermillion (USA/EUROPE)

the rest look to be random or just not big name titles.

i would ask for a list of what games were removed but something tells me that's unlikely to happen. so i'll just go dig up a list of what's on each of these mini consoles and check the rom listings myself.

oh and this might count across all sega consoles so better check to be sure if your gonna try for different versions as they likely were as thorough as nintendo.

but yeah, all the big name titles were hit.

Thanks
    EP Points

for me easy to find
    Last edited by deadlegion; 27th-July-2017 at 13:55. Reason: don't do that please

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I read every post in this thread and I've got to say I'm surprised people are shocked over this. Nintendo has always had a hard-on when it comes to making their games rot into the faded memory of time itself except for those specific lucky games that wind up on their own virtual store. I love Nintendo and completely understand their desire to hit sites or projects that step on their intellectual properties but at the same time, as someone else stated, lots of these games are completely unavailable to be purchased anywhere as of right now.

I wish Sony and Nintendo would just host a site themselves for people to buy old games and download them. That is mighty wishful thinking though since both are complete drones to the console world and go into a nervous breakdown when shown gaming on PC.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unborn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Unborn View Post
    I wish Sony and Nintendo would just host a site themselves for people to buy old games and download them. That is mighty wishful thinking though since both are complete drones to the console world and go into a nervous breakdown when shown gaming on PC.
    You know, I like that idea. The roms are out there, Nintendo can't do a thing about that, but they can control the market. Nintendo could toss up a site with every rom found on the net and charge 99¢ a pop. The catch is they wouldn't offer tech support. Then if people want a game that just works, they can pay $5 for a fully functional eShop version on whatever console.

That'll never happen though. Aside from Nintendo not wanting it, it'd be licensing nightmare.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    You know, I like that idea. The roms are out there, Nintendo can't do a thing about that, but they can control the market. Nintendo could toss up a site with every rom found on the net and charge 99¢ a pop. The catch is they wouldn't offer tech support. Then if people want a game that just works, they can pay $5 for a fully functional eShop version on whatever console.

That'll never happen though. Aside from Nintendo not wanting it, it'd be licensing nightmare.
    I'd be up for a $1 a rom direct from them.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

Yeah that's one of the worst issues the licensing with a lot of the games. If you just take a step back and look at the video gaming industry and the rules and laws around it you'll realize how insane it is. It's a nightmarish world to dwell in compared to most other forms of entertainment media.

Thanks
    EP Points

This is a pity. My non-Nintendo uploads got removed, too. (They were for the GameCube, but the games were non-Nintendo, and are bound to go physically AND digitally extinct. My uploads were the ONLY working ones I found on the web, even in others languages like Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and English. And beyond.)

Hopefully people grabbed it before my carefully-crafted posts got taken down... It was truly sharing for loving and caring. There's _zero_ personal gain... Even made sure the rips were 100% accurate... In fact, I bought the VERY games online while they still physically existed. Manjimaru for GC in particular is beyond unknown, and downloads out there only offer corrupt images thereof.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. I assumed they were removed, because they aren't visible anymore, _unless_ if you log in. (This wasn't a requirement before, was it?)
    In any case, I guess we all ought to take care of our backups more seriously than ever now.

By the way, you people commented on DVD and (external) Hard Disk backups. I suggest something else, though: Blu-Rays. Reasons:
    - Holds almost 6x as much data as DVDs, and data is read from and written to much faster. External Blu-Ray readers/writers are very affordable globally, and relatively easy to find;
    - Insanely durable (data-wise), especially a _lot_ more than hard disks, pendrives / flashdrives and DVDs. Meaning it's THE most reliable data preservation medium.

For a few reasons, any data I keep is done thrice: Blu-Rays for preservation, hard disk of many terabytes for convenience, and online (cloud, multiple hosts etc.) for further forms of data preservation. I recommend this approach to all others. Also: Distribution, too, keeps things alive! (Perhaps the most!)
    Last edited by donots; 1st-August-2017 at 02:05.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to donots For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by donots View Post
    (This wasn't a requirement before, was it?)
    Nope. It's a simple change which may save some files.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, wasn't aware of this happening, its a damn shame, especially for all the missing rpgs for the PS2! Not that many sites that offer such good download speeds for multiple gigabyte files. Im glad I already downloaded most of the games I ever wanted to play, but from an archival standpoint its a travesty, makes me wish I went ahead and downloaded every game on the site regardless of my interest in it, lol. Also, looks like SNES GoodROM sets have been taken down.
    Last edited by DanielGoodine; 1st-August-2017 at 05:32.

Thanks
    EP Points

here's a couple lists i made for NES and SNES the other day. same as the sega genesis one i did before.

first, the NES Classic.

removed:

balloon fight
    castlevania (hmmm... seems they weren't as thorough with this console. just the original nes game was removed.)
    castlevania ii: simon's quest
    donkey kong (all but a few out of this franchise was taken down.)
    donkey kong jr.
    double dragon ii: the revenge (only the nes game again)
    dr...well, we already know they nuked the entire mario franchise aside from 1-5 games.
    excitebike
    final...again, whole franchise nuked. final fantasy this time.
    galaga
    ghosts 'n goblins
    gradius (gradius ii is still up...well, the japanese version is)
    ice climber
    kid icarus
    kirby's adv...another franchise nuked.
    another mario game...
    mega man, whole franchise
    metroid...franchise
    ninja gaiden...just the nes games
    pac-man, nes games removed
    punch out! (nes games)
    star tropics
    super C... is that the US title for super contra? if so then all but super contra (japanese version) removed for nes.
    super mario bros.... yep, all gone...
    super mario bros. 2
    super mario bros 3
    zelda franchise taken down
    tecmo...bowl? not sure about this one. there's still a lot of tecmo games up for nes so maybe a specific title out of the franchise?

not removed:

bubble bobble

next, the snes mini.

i'll just go by franchise for this one since it was a franchise killer.

removed:

mario
    zelda
    f-zero
    donkey kong
    metroid
    street fighter turbo (well, all snes games except EX which looks to have been a (world) release.)
    punch out! (all snes games)
    castlevania (all except the european release of vampire's kiss.)
    mega man (though this MIGHT have been capcom's doing to try and get people to buy that stupid Legacy Collection 2 thing.)
    kirby
    final fantasy
    starfox
    all except the japan version of contra spirits for snes
    earthbound
    super ghouls 'n ghosts

not removed:

secret of mana

huh, looks like they spared one...and only ONE game this time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You can delete your own posts treos.

Spoiler warning:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post: