Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Games got taken out? (LINKS TO OTHER SITES ARE FORBIDDEN!)

Thanks
    EP Points

A lot of the posts in this thread confuse me. Nintendo isn't allowed to take down illegal uploads of their games? That's somehow "anti-consumer"? I don't get that at all. Looks like people have taken their two decades of emulation for granted, believing they have the "right" to download commercial games for free. Even "abandonware" is sketchy, and the second GOG picks up an abandonware game is the second people need to stop trying to pirate it. You have no "rights". You say "it was fun while it lasted" or try to keep it going in silence, you don't protest over breaking very clear and reasonable laws. Let me say it for myself: it was fun while it lasted.

Nintendo "doesn't make copies anymore" because people don't like physical copies anymore. They still make and sell digital copies of many of their games, and they're always for fractions of their original price. I do believe that if you actually own a game somehow, you are entitled to make a backup or download one, because that's actually reasonable. However, I find it very hard to believe that very many of the people crowding around a ROM site actually did buy a copy of the game anywhere, let alone multiple copies of the same game on multiple platforms. I'm sorry that situation exists, it does suck for those people who want all their purchases on one platform at a time. But the vast majority of people visiting ROM sites simply want paid games for free.

Nintendo has to do something about it. What kind of company just lets people pirate their stuff like that? They should have done it years ago, I guess they only just now realized that they actually could do something about it. And yes, the important thing for a company is to get the vast majority of people off of ROM sites. Going after the darknet is usually too much work for a company... but also for a would-be pirate, that's the key.

You'll notice they only took down their games. All third-party games are still available as of right now, and I'm not sure they can or even want to do anything about those themselves.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Despatche For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Despatche View Post
    A lot of the posts in this thread confuse me. Nintendo isn't allowed to take down illegal uploads of their games? That's somehow "anti-consumer"? I don't get that at all. Looks like people have taken their two decades of emulation for granted, believing they have the "right" to download commercial games for free. Even "abandonware" is sketchy, and the second GOG picks up an abandonware game is the second people need to stop trying to pirate it. You have no "rights". You say "it was fun while it lasted" or try to keep it going in silence, you don't protest over breaking very clear and reasonable laws. Let me say it for myself: it was fun while it lasted.

Nintendo "doesn't make copies anymore" because people don't like physical copies anymore. They still make and sell digital copies of many of their games, and they're always for fractions of their original price. I do believe that if you actually own a game somehow, you are entitled to make a backup or download one, because that's actually reasonable. However, I find it very hard to believe that very many of the people crowding around a ROM site actually did buy a copy of the game anywhere, let alone multiple copies of the same game on multiple platforms. I'm sorry that situation exists, it does suck for those people who want all their purchases on one platform at a time. But the vast majority of people visiting ROM sites simply want paid games for free.

Nintendo has to do something about it. What kind of company just lets people pirate their stuff like that? They should have done it years ago, I guess they only just now realized that they actually could do something about it. And yes, the important thing for a company is to get the vast majority of people off of ROM sites. Going after the darknet is usually too much work for a company... but also for a would-be pirate, that's the key.

You'll notice they only took down their games. All third-party games are still available as of right now, and I'm not sure they can or even want to do anything about those themselves.
    These Roms are still Easily found on Torrent Sites Though

Thanks

Thats fine, if there is a legal way to get stuff(Gog etc) they can do as they please but they are a little bit late to the party.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Are Nintendoh roms/disc images still allowed or was there a real C&D?

If they are still allowed il try to post entire sets.
    I wouldn't bother at the moment.
    Just leave everything as it is for a while and hopefully they'll start concentrating on another site that still has the games they've taken down here.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What's to be confused about? This is a site for downloading games.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Brrrrrp. Hangup! The hand is out in ya face like a crossing guard.

So sure I get your point.

However..

Piracy is good. It's why everything hasn't been nipped in the bud twenty years ago.

People don't like physical copies anymore?

Incorrect.

We will always love having our shiny objects. It's Human nature really. We still buy as much as ever.

The person who picks out a game they've never heard of and downloads it and decides to buy it is to my mind is a new customer.

Besides you dorks it's just video games. Go out and throw a ball around!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

This really sucks, I can't believe there's people defending nintendo for what they did, going after 30yr old games is so stupid. I'm so DONE with GREEDY companies. If you like what nintendo did to EP, then what are you doing here? either you work for nintendo or you're trolling.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pandachinoman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pandachinoman View Post
    This really sucks, I can't believe there's people defending nintendo for what they did, going after 30yr old games is so stupid. I'm so DONE with GREEDY companies. If you like what nintendo did to EP, then what are you doing here? either you work for nintendo or you're trolling.
    Agree. IF you agree what Nintendo Do. Then why are you on a Rom Site?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave The Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Just like the others said, either you're a Nintendo employee or trolling, And I question your existence on this website. Also the selection of Virtual Consoles games are very small, especially the N64 ones. Some games like Mario Party and Mario Party 3 don't exist and what if I want to play them right now? Do I have to go to E-bay or Amazon, pay about 300 euros on a cartridge (possibly be scammed by a scalper and lose my Money?) and wait for it to come in weeks? No thank you! And Nintendo takes years to make good games come to the Virtual Console! If Nintendo was smart, they would put Gamecube Virtual Consoles or whatever right on the Switch's launch but instead we are going to have to wait for it (if ever) for years to come. So to sumarize, fuck you. (Sorry for the language, but I'm very angry!)
    Last edited by DanielFidalgo64; 30th-June-2017 at 19:34.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DanielFidalgo64 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

So entitlement basically.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkNoFun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

EVEN THE FREAKING FULL ROMSETS ARE GONE! what...the...FUCK?! fuck nintendo! i'm going full PC ONLY after this game generation. cause clearly, those console game companies don't give a flying fuck about anyone or anything unless it gets them more money.

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....-for-StarFox-2

most franchises in that pic have been nuked. and now i find that you guys even took down all the nintendo romsets aside from hacks and other stuff. fuck this and fuck this site. i'll start relying on freaking torrents if i have to since apparently that might be the only way to get these games now cause i am NOT paying for stupid rereleases when it leads to this kind of BS.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to treos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    fuck this site
    Why? Do you want EP to refuse C&D orders, and get taken out entirely?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

While it was a foregone conclusion that Nintendo would have eventually found the site, I find it both hilarious and exceedingly stupid that the site had a social media presence (complete with a facebook group) and every page for every ROM had a section where you could share the link.

I mean, exactly what part of that was even the smallest bit smart? The site is full of illegal shit, so naturally the first thought in the heads of the people in charge is to loudly broadcast on social media that they're doing it?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Aeolus Aeneas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Google sees all anyway so even without the social media aspect this would've happened.

Spoiler warning:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I always figured MasJ and the servers were hosted somewhere where C&D orders couldn't touch, I guess not.