Thread: Can't run Lemmings for the Atari ST

Thanks

Unhappy Can't run Lemmings for the Atari ST

Hi,I just downloaded from your site Lemmings for the Atari ST. To be more precise, this file: "Lemmings (1990)(Psygnosis)[!]". However, when I extract the zip file, it appears as an STX file. And my emulator, STeem SSE 3.9.1 doesn't detect it. I searched online for how to deal with it, and every page tells me that it is a project file created by an application called Pinnacle Studio. Why it is in that file extension? How can I deal with it to make it run?
    Just a fan of old times!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

what formats does it support then???

if stx is not supported then it may be convertible (not looked into that though... yet, no point if I don't know what it does support)

Amiga version may also be an option

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

It supports the following formats: ST,STT,MSA and DIM. Thanks for the reccomendation, but i really want to see what the ST version looks like. I just need the Lemmings files to be replaced to one of those formats. I've seen videos for converting this format, but to MP4. Why this happens beats me.

Nevermind, tried another version of the same game and it works fine on the emulator.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 7th-June-2017 at 01:37. Reason: merged posts
    Just a fan of old times!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A bit of digging provided the following info

STX: Defined by the PASTI initiative (Atari ST Imaging & Preservation Tools). The Pasti imaging tools can virtually create images of any ST disk including copy protected disks. The STX Images can be used by the Steem SSE, SainT, and Hatari emulators. It is also supported by the HxC FD Emulator.

The format can not be converted because other formats do not support the protection preservation and would result in the software no longer working

I could not see how Steem SSE can work with that format but like you I only tested the the newest version so there may be something missing to add support for stx files

Maybe try SainT or Hatari instead

EDIT what version works with it then

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I just found out that you need an extension called pasti.dll to run STX files on emulators, but it only works on 32bit versions of them. I found it on STeem SSE's webpage. Thanks for your help anyways!
    Just a fan of old times!