Thread: 3DS System Dump?

Thanks

Default 3DS System Dump?

I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding a complete 3DS system dump that Citra requires for most games. Even the Bios section here is barren and torrents give little hope either. Can anyone kindly help? Or perhaps update the bios section here with a system dump and thus help out many in the future? Citra is fast becoming more and more compatible, but this is an unfortunate hurdle right now.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

People are not willing to share there 3DS system dumps as it will most likely get them banned (asides from having personal details attached to the system dumps) best to dump your own (I know this kinda voids the emulator to start with why emulate a system like the 3DS if you own it anyway)

Nintendo would also ask for it to be removed as they have in the past with us with other files

Then again I never seen the point of emulating the DS to start with because it kinda make the features of the DS touch screen pointless (though yeah there are games that do not use the touch screen feature) same thing for the 3DS via emulation and the 3D itself if you had any interest in the 3D display

Or even playing Wii games that use Wii Mote features but played with a keyboard or control pad, it's just not the same....

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hmm well see I did think that but EP has NDS bios files up for download and those aren't a concern? Nintendo did also just banwave thousands of CFW 3DS systems but I do see your point there, but surely there is at least one valourus soul out there?

As for the entertainment factor, you'd be surprised! I enjoyed almost the entire NDS rpg catalogue on pc, switching to a controller for more nuanced games. The 3D isn't really a factor the emulator cares about, and from what I've heard most people turn it off with the actual product. My first time trying a 3DS I actually toggled the 3D right off so I could simply see straight

What I find so weird is people will say "Just google it, it's easy to find" but with this particular item it just...isn't. Most results are to people being told to google it...ironically.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NDS is just a bios it does not store user data and Nintendo does not care about DS pirate stuff now they even stopped blocking DS flash kits

o3DS the 3D was kinda hard to get right the n3DS uses a smart way and tracks your face pos to adjust the 3D effect so you are not stuck trying to hold the console at the correct angle, but the 3D effects are not for everyone anyway

They can say google it all they like Nintendo has taken what was up, down.

There is a reason why you will not find current gen stuff on our main server and it's got nothing to do with the emulation scene as roms and disc images can be used other ways asides from emulation but more to do with the risk of being removed, like I said we have had to take certain files down in the past to keep our site/forum running all these years without being taken down.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-June-2017 at 18:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR