Thread: Help with SSF joypad config

Thanks

Default Help with SSF joypad config

Hi all i was wondering if someone can help me
    i have a standard joypad and when configuring it it asks me to configure with rapid also
    i dont think my joypad supports this
    anyway i have basic joypad functions and this means that only 30% of games work correctly for example
    christmas nights is perfect Euro96 is perfect bubble bobble only fire and jump work Alien trilogy only slide right and fire work
    its a pattern on most games for example rayman will jump but moving he kinda vibrates along lol

any help would be appreciated

cheers

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

just press a key on your keyboard for the rapids do not set the same keys/buttons up twice to the same keys/buttons on a single device (normal and rapid to the same buttons on your pad will cause issues)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ok will try again later thank you for advice

many thanks

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

just so you know rapid is not a feature of the pad but a feature of the software that can make any key you assign to it rapid be that on a keyboard or a joypad so having a key you would use as jump go rapid would make jumps very short and in quick succession if they responded to how long you have a key/button pressed instead of doing a single high jump

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

ok cool ive disabled it in the next tab put joypad still asks me to configure it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

that's fine just press any keyboard key

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

hi was up till 3am rayman still bad on joypad and alien trilogy only fire button works yet Euro96 is perfect and christmas nights

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

alien trilogy PSX version better anyway though I have tested that game out with my joypad in SSF in the past so can verify it has nothing to do with the emulator

Rasyman again will be better on PSX

Saturn was/is an ok machine but multi platform games are usually better on PSX anyway due to higher end hardware mostly the graphics chip for transparencies that lacked in the Saturn ports, plus PSX pads are much better and started a whole new Pad design that is still copped by other consoles today but I guess the pad this does not count if you emulate

P.S. you do know that any changes made to the SSF config will only be applied once the emulator has been closed and re-opened, also settings are saved per game so you may need to delete olde cobfigf files for individual games

Best way to do this is to delete all individual configs from Setting\Saturn, start SSF with nothing in the CD drive it reads, virtual drive or real drive, setup your pad, making sure rapid settings are not set up on your pad, close the emulator, insert the CD or mount the CD image to the virtual drive and start SSF again (you may need to setup the region for the game again if the default setup is not for that game and restart the emu once more) now the pad should work as desired.

This is coming from someone that owns and loves hit Saturn, was always a bit of a Saga fan, but also realistic in what the consoles could actually do
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-May-2017 at 19:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]