Thread: [Homebrew][Emulator] Nestopiax Special Castlevania Facelift Edition (New Update)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,452 Times in 1,171 Posts

EP Points

Default [Homebrew][Emulator] Nestopiax Special Castlevania Facelift Edition (New Update)

Nestopiax Special Castlevania Facelift Edition
    by XtecuterX73

This is a special version of NestopiaX compiled for Kya's recently released Castlevania Facelift hack for PC nestopia. Simply place the skin.png file in the bios folder and place the xbe in your main directory of nestopia. This can be ran alongside the regular xbe for nestopia with no issue.

Please only use the NONE filter as using other filters will crash the emulator and will not work. It was specifically coded that way. Using any other filter will result in crashes and most likely will not work. Also it is strongly recommended that you only use this xbe for the castlevania facelift hack. Using any other games will also likely result in freezing and or graphical issues since the actual PPU was modified.

Please use an unpatched Castlevania US rom.

Also if you do not place the skin.png file in the bios folder the game will run unpatched.
    BIG, BIG thanks to Kya for helping me sort out all the issues with getting this to carry over to xbox. Also Thanks to Kya for sharing this with the community and doing the hack in the first place~!
    link
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fumanchu; 25th-May-2017 at 22:28.
    REMEMBER if you are looking for a xbox game then make sure and check the XBOX MASTERLIST.
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....ox-Master-List

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fumanchu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi Fumanchu, Do you know what Rom of Castlevania this works for? I tried a USA version and it didn't work. I placed the skin.png in the bios folder, put the Castle.xbe in the directory of the NestopiaX (I'm using Nestopiax 2.1 prelease), and put the Castlevania (USA).nes rom in the roms folder. I made sure the software filter in the video options is set to no filter and it still doesn't work. Do you have any ideas?
    Last edited by megatron187; 27th-May-2017 at 03:58.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,452 Times in 1,171 Posts

EP Points

you have to launch the castle.xbe file and not the normal default.xbe file iny our file explorer.
    REMEMBER if you are looking for a xbox game then make sure and check the XBOX MASTERLIST.
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....ox-Master-List

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

EP Points

Thanks.
    I never apologize, Lisa. I'm sorry, but that's how I am ...

Homer Simpson

Thanks

OH I SEE. Ok that makes since. Thanks bro and thanks for the upload.