Thread: Adding Emulators to vWii

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Adding Emulators to vWii

Hi guys,

Can someone break down (and perhaps provide links) how I'd go about adding a Nintendo DS emulator and roms (file path, etc.) as well as a MAME emulator for vWii? Wads are fine but prefer to load them from WiiFlow if that's possible as well. This is probably very easy to do but I followed instructions when hacking my WiiU and I don't want to brick it or ruin my setup .

I've also been curious about WiiWare wads and how to safely install them.

I have a hacked Wii U and I run everything off of an SD card with a external HDD for Wii and GCN games. And I have a Mac, not a PC

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Isn't it the same as adding emus & WiiWare to softmodded Wii?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm pretty new to this so I apologize. Is it as simple as putting the files in the apps folder and storing the roms in the emulator's folder and then installing through HBC? If so, a better question would be: What is the best emulator for NDS and MAME? And what are the correct file paths for the NDS roms?

I can do without the WiiWare, honestly. I was just curious. I read that installing wads can be risky which is why I never did try it myself.

A mod can change the title of the thread if need be. Again sorry for confusion

Thanks
    EP Points

Well NDS should be a bit different as Wii U is much more powerful. Use Wii U VC releases whenever possible (there should be unofficial injects too just like Wii)...this includes DS, Wii doesn't have DS VC (well there is one DS FF title that was ported and released on disc iirc but that's a bit different).

No idea about MAME, I've only ever used arcade titles on Xbox. There are some official arcade VC for Wii though (eg: Splatterhouse and 1942) and I assume Wii U is the same.

I'd go for official VC and injects.

WiiWare, yeah, there isn't much that's fantastic tbh so you can go without that. Dunno about risks installing wads

This is all from what I've read anyway I haven't done any of this myself (have a read on gbatemp, reddit and some other places).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

But is there a recommended emulator that I can install as a wad like the other emulators? I have one for GBA and GBC, both of which load through WiiFlow as well. Injecting is opening a whole other can of worms, remember who you're talking to here :p.

Maybe the "risks" I read about is purely to do with the source of the files. So assuming I get a wad file from a trustworthy source then there is little to no risk of bricking my WiiU? Again just curious, I may never do anything about this.

Thanks for the responses btw. I appreciate the effort.

Thanks
    EP Points

By injected VC I mean you should be able to find them, not create them yourself

Is your console fully hacked? I mean considering how much more powerful U is over Wii you should be using U versions of everything you can (VC & emus, DS in particular).

Edit:
    Just an example of injected VC (although apparently only tested via Dolphin)...
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....-2-J-T-ENG-WAD
    Last edited by deadlegion; 24th-May-2017 at 00:38.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

No only my vWii is hacked.

I'll probably do some more research and see if I can find the best emulator for NDS that works on vWii.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wii U itself has better DS emulation, because of VC.
    Wii is more limited considering what hardware you have there.

Spoiler warning: