Thread: Multiple noob questions

Thanks

Default Multiple noob questions

Hey all. Long time fan, new as a registered forum user.

So I've got some questions that I was hoping some of you could answer. First of all, I was looking to redownload some old games from this site that I have downloaded many times before only to notice that they have all gone missing. Did this site experience a large data loss at some point in time or were many files removed due to copyright?

Secondly, I found these files on my hard drive luckily, and wish to contribute by putting them back on the website. However, in the forum rules, I read that these may in fact be consider warez. They are older than 10 years old, but they are currently supported, as they keep being continually re-released year after year. BUT the thing is that they were hosted on Emuparadise for meany years (I would often re-download them instead of storing them on my hard drive because they were easily found here)! Am I able to contribute them back to the website or no? For those wondering, they are Humongous Entertainment games. If they are no longer allowed here, why were they before?

Third, and the noobiest of questions...how would I actually contribute to the site? I can post forum threads, but are they eventually added to the main emuparadise.me hosting site or no?

Thanks very much!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rejsi View Post
    Hey all. Long time fan, new as a registered forum user.

So I've got some questions that I was hoping some of you could answer. First of all, I was looking to redownload some old games from this site that I have downloaded many times before only to notice that they have all gone missing. Did this site experience a large data loss at some point in time or were many files removed due to copyright?

Secondly, I found these files on my hard drive luckily, and wish to contribute by putting them back on the website. However, in the forum rules, I read that these may in fact be consider warez. They are older than 10 years old, but they are currently supported, as they keep being continually re-released year after year. BUT the thing is that they were hosted on Emuparadise for meany years (I would often re-download them instead of storing them on my hard drive because they were easily found here)! Am I able to contribute them back to the website or no? For those wondering, they are Humongous Entertainment games. If they are no longer allowed here, why were they before?

Third, and the noobiest of questions...how would I actually contribute to the site? I can post forum threads, but are they eventually added to the main emuparadise.me hosting site or no?

Thanks very much!
    Hi rejsi, welcome to our forums I'll try to answer your questions.

1- Fortunatly, we haven't suffered any data loss in quite a lot of time. What games are you talking about, could you tell us some titles? All the games available at the main site or forums can be found by using the yellow search box in our main site.

2- The 10 years old rule especifically refers to PC games. PC games older than that or considered abandonware can be shared at the forums. The rest are considered warez and forbidden to be distributed in any way in our site. Let us know what titles and what system are we talking about to see whether they are allowed or not.

3- The best way to contrinute to our site is by uploading the files you want to share to your favourite File Hosting Service, and by posting the download files here at the forums in the relevant subforum under the "Upload Services" forum. Any thread created here will be searchable using the search box referred earlier.

Any other question you may have, feel free to ask

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

1- Fortunatly, we haven't suffered any data loss in quite a lot of time. What games are you talking about, could you tell us some titles? All the games available at the main site or forums can be found by using the yellow search box in our main site.

2- The 10 years old rule especifically refers to PC games. PC games older than that or considered abandonware can be shared at the forums. The rest are considered warez and forbidden to be distributed in any way in our site. Let us know what titles and what system are we talking about to see whether they are allowed or not.

3- The best way to contrinute to our site is by uploading the files you want to share to your favourite File Hosting Service, and by posting the download files here at the forums in the relevant subforum under the "Upload Services" forum. Any thread created here will be searchable using the search box referred earlier.

Hi. The games I am talking about are PC games made my Humongous Entertainment. They include series such as Pajama Sam, Freddi Fish, Putt Putt, Spy Fox, etc. They are older than ten years old HOWEVER the company keeps re-releasing them year after year. They do not show up when I search in the box. I swear that I obtained them from Emuparadise, but I suppose I may have been mistaken. It's not as cut and dry as the ten year rule because they keep re-releasing the games.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Hi. The games I am talking about are PC games made my Humongous Entertainment. They include series such as Pajama Sam, Freddi Fish, Putt Putt, Spy Fox, etc. They are older than ten years old HOWEVER the company keeps re-releasing them year after year. They do not show up when I search in the box. I swear that I obtained them from Emuparadise, but I suppose I may have been mistaken. It's not as cut and dry as the ten year rule because they keep re-releasing the games.
    Unless I'm unaware of any complaint on sharing those games, which MasJ could confirm or deny, I'd say they are allowed as long as they are at least 10 years old.

Thanks
    EP Points

They asked us to remove those games a few years ago because they were re-released. This is why you can't find them on the site anymore.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MasJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

Hello there!
    I'm a newly registered user at this site and I wish to add on to your first point that, some time back games larger than 1 GB were available to download without problems, I have not checked which roms for which emulator have this issue but I noticed it when I was trying to download the PS2 ROM: 'Ridge Racer V (all versions) as I noticed that the file size is shown as '553M' instead of greater than 1 GB. The worst bit is that when I click download link after answering the Captcha, the page shows me 'Error 503' which was also the reason my email didnt reach the support email as Gmail tried to send the message for atleast the next 30 Hours or so but it didnt reach it either. and this happened between 2 to 4 weeks ago.

Now, when I tried to do today (June 4th, 2017) it started downloading but I have to still see if the file is corrupted or not and hope that there is no virus in the file.